A good weekend hunt - including a first.

BottleCapKing

Elite Member
Met up with Cellrdwellr late in the afternoon on Saturday at a park we have hit before. Lots of trash. People like their malt liquor at this park. In the past I have pulled a barber dime on day, and a seated and merc the next. On the far side of the park, lots of syringes. Not the best neighborhood to be hunting in.

Anyway, the tore the sidewalk out and deposited the dirt on the edge of the grass. We started hunting there. My very first target was foil-ish, but, given the dirt was under cement for who knows how long, I dug it. Turned out to be a 10k ring monogrammed with the letter "M". About 15 minutes later, I pulled a sterling ring.

This was the first hunt in which I dug two rings that were not both junkers. This is also the first gold I have ever dug. Didn't do so well in the coin department. Three wheats. The oldest being 1917. But hey, I will take gold over silver. It may only be 10k, but, that is 10k more gold than I usually find.

Attachments

• rings.jpg
    rings.jpg
    20.9 KB · Views: 420
Nice finds congratulations any gold is a great day

Up until this hunt, I had no basis for comparison. But now, I can say for sure any gold is a great day! ;)

Nice rings. Congratulations! :grin:

Thank you!

Nice rings! Congrats!

Thank You!

Congrats on the first gold and the double ring home run! Nice work :yes:

Thank you! I was forgetting what a successful hunt was like. Usually, it was just something I watched Jeff have.

Heck of a ring duo, congrats on your first good, nice oldie at that!

No idea how old they are. Both are European I think. The gold ring is stamped with a decimal instead of 10k. The silver ring is from Italy. There looks to be a makers mark on it. Will have to dig out a loupe and see what it is.

Congrats on the sterling and especially your first gold ring...excellent hunt!

Thanks!

Nice rings. Congrats!

Thanks!

Nice job man! It was good to see some old gold show up finally. Congrats let me know what's up for the weekend.

I was glad to see some finally show up. Not quite as flash as the cross you dug last fall, but, gives me hope there is more gold out there. Just need to dig all of those pull tab/foil signals we hate oh so much.

Excellent hunt, Congrats on the silver and gold!

Thank you!

Great Job! You beat Jeff to them, haha!

That was the real shocking thing. Good thing it was my first target, otherwise, Jeff would be posting the pictures no doubt! He got the rocks this time. Hot rocks. Big ones - which is odd since we have been over this patch of grass before and hadn't stumbled upon them before.

Congrats on your first gold, Did it take 6 years?:shock:

Thanks!

As a matter of fact, it took just about that (5 years, 10 months give or take).

Back
Top Bottom