CTX 3030 Numbers and new Goodies...

BBsGal

Forum Supporter
The mail lady delivered my "new to me" 6" coil for the CTX today along with a brand new set of ear buds since my old ones are not for metal detecting and they're shot to boot...

After taking recommendations on the coil from folks on this forum I hunted down a used one and got a good deal on it, from Amazon of all places. Did not know they handled used gear but apparently they occasionally do. Although it's listed as used, it looks near new with only a few little scratches on the coil cover!

Tonight when it starts cooling down I'm planning to take the new coil down to the trashy part of city park and see what I can learn about it.

Now that that's all out of the way, since I wanted to test the new coil just to make sure! it's alright, I thought it would be a good time to get out all the stuff I want to find (silver & gold jewelry) and get some of my own numbers on them.

Here's what I got... Everything seems to come in at the numbers others have posted, the only big surprise for me was the Morgan, that was jumpy as all get out and came in mostly at 11-43 but jumped a little to 12-43 and 12-47. It hit 1-something briefly but I couldn't get that one to repeat.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

I read your post.
And I went out and did a few test with my unit (with 6" coil), just to reenforce what I thought I remembered about this specific detector.

Try the following.
Take your silver dollar.
Sweep using ferrous coin process.
Note readings
Sweep using ground coin process
Note reading, should be around 46/47 conductive number.
Different from above using ferrous coin process.

Then sweep silver dollar using both low trash and high trash.
Note conductive number,,, but really note ferrous number.

This low level ferrous number noted here,, should be taken into account when you set up your patterns if you decide to use high or low trash processes when detecting.

Hope this helps.

Thanks for that info, I'll try that this evening.

I didn't note it, but those readings were all done both in a program from Andy's book that I've modified just a little and have been getting good results on silver set to ferrous-coin, then an open screen for comparisons.

Congrats on the new coil. I use the 6 in coil quite a bit on my ctx. Perfect for getting in tight areas or places with a lot of trash and the water as well. If you hit a playground make sure you turn down some of the sensitivity because I was getting the deep nails under the turf bed because the ctx was so deep. You might dig a lot of pull tabs and aluminum slaw but that gold will come in too :cool:

edit: forgot to mention TNsharp is right about that dollar. depending on your settings it will come in the 01 line or the 12 line. I have mine setup usually for high trash so i think it comes up the same as it would on an etrac. Ill let you know as soon as i find one :P

Congrats on the new coil. I use the 6 in coil quite a bit on my ctx. Perfect for getting in tight areas or places with a lot of trash and the water as well. If you hit a playground make sure you turn down some of the sensitivity because I was getting the deep nails under the turf bed because the ctx was so deep. You might dig a lot of pull tabs and aluminum slaw but that gold will come in too :cool:

edit: forgot to mention TNsharp is right about that dollar. depending on your settings it will come in the 01 line or the 12 line. I have mine setup usually for high trash so i think it comes up the same as it would on an etrac. Ill let you know as soon as i find one :P

Thanks, I'm hoping mine will help at the park where there's so much trash it's not funny, but there should be other good stuff in with it!

That's what I thought it should read on the Morgan, 01 to 12 and then higher than a quarter on the conductive side. I'll have to play around with it I guess.

Hope you find a Morgan soon though, keep hunting! :yes:

Thanks, I'm hoping mine will help at the park where there's so much trash it's not funny, but there should be other good stuff in with it!

That's what I thought it should read on the Morgan, 01 to 12 and then higher than a quarter on the conductive side. I'll have to play around with it I guess.

Hope you find a Morgan soon though, keep hunting! :yes:

Your ID numbers will change dramatically, especially in your FE line and depending which option selections you choose to use with your program. Good luck and many finds.

Back
Top Bottom