Just got the NeL THUNDER!

Nice coil Mud! Now stay the hell away from my lakes! Yes the nel bolt is garbage go to the hardware store and get nylon shoulder bolts. They are real tough and the shank shoulder is long enough it's just smooth nylon through the whole connection with threads on the end.
I have a spare zip tied to the back of my arm cuff. :cool:

First impressions...Holy Bleep! So I got it hooked up and fired it up to test...The thing will slam my wedding ring from tip to toe with vigor and improved depth...amazing all the way out or back, full length of coil...like a broom! I like the thought of improved coverage if nothing else...just that alone will allow me to cover more surface area in the same amount of time...

It appears well balanced, (I think the center mounting point was a good idea)...light enough for such a large coil so its manageable...enough momentum for a drysander to build up a hell of an arc...I generally cut a 12' swath on the towel line and allow the momentum to carry the coil though a 270 degree arc...I see no trouble managing that with this one...

It came with everything you see here, bolt, rubber grommets, one little velcro tie down, warranty card...I had a roll of yellow electrical tape and thought it would 'fancy' up my rig a bit. The NEL cable is heavier than the stock Garrett, its also a few inches longer, so a guy can throw a handy loop up at the top for breaking the rig down peacefully at that top knuckle, (especially since I got rid of the camloks years ago, just pop the detents and fold the whole deal in half!)...

The tones seem to be right on as well as the TIDS...I ran it over all sorts of stuff and there was no noticeable difference in what I'm used to from an audio standpoint....even the proportional audio..nice and crisp audio report...

About the only thing I would take issue with is the coil bolt that came with it is of a smaller diameter and threaded all the way to the weak little head...so I used the stock G bolt...I dont think I would trust this supplied one for heavy usage, heck, l use a heavier one than that on my F70!....

I'll get it out in the water tomorrow if I can wait that long and do a real World test in some familiar areas to see about target isolation techniques that worked with the stock rig....Funny thing, as I was building this up, a big fast storm came through and wouldnt you know it, THUNDER! I'll take that as a good sign for what awaits! Its gonna be GOLD of that I am sure! I dont see how you could miss it with this thing!
Mud

Excellent job posting - very nicely done. Thank you for sharing. SP

Back
Top Bottom