Parks or Forest Preserve

PKD

After going throughout parks in my town and getting lots of clad, a few wheaties, bullet casings, and nothing valuable; I want to ask, should I try the forest preserve? I've adopted the strategy to clean out one area completely at a time, yet I want some silver....and my area is ripe for it. Benches, old trees, and playground equip, is what I've been hitting first with good results, but I want to widen my searches to get more coins. I've hit about $7 in clad but I want to find older coins. The oldest I have date back to '68 and a '34 wheat. So, is the forest preserve worth hitting up? I think that theres ALOT of junk just visible, so is it worth it? Or should I stick with parks and ballfields? Any thoughts would be appreciated.:?:

You never know what you'll find until you check

I found a gold wedding ring by a volleyball court at a picnic area and found a .6 oz gold biker's skull & crossbones ring along a road in another picnic area the next day. The next week, I found a set of 10 early 1900s military uniform buttons along a disused road - it's hit or miss, but definitely worth checking!

Any recreation area is a good idea, but you want to make sure you understand the MDing policy for each park you are going to. Read their regulations, email their office, make some calls. Personally I would want to have an email specifying what I can do if it is unclear.

I think I'm going to do some research. The river in my area (Des Plaines River) was used by boats for importing purposes, small boats I'm assuming of course. There was also an old indian reservation nearby. We'll see what I can get. I think right now that my 250 just isn't getting deep enough for oldies.

If you want old coins then try asking for permission to hunt old farms. People on this forum have a lot of success by simply asking.

Back
Top Bottom