KY MDer inaction killing Kentucky HB 352

We need to Organize!

Let's do a Civil Rights Metal Detector March on a large Kentucky State Park this Summer or Fall! If we can get 2,000-3,000 metal detectors to walk into a park together, we can make a point. :cool:

Interesting read.... slippery slope at best. For everyone here who understands the MD'er code of ethics, there are 10 who don't or even don't care.

Here in California, i wouldn't detect at a state park (probably can't anyways), but there are those who say that the parks belong to the people... and while that is true, it doesn't belong to a single person but to the collective as a whole.

Like I said.. slippery slope. Opinions will differ. Just because you can find something in the dirt, doesn't always mean you should dig it up :nah:

That's a bummer. My great-grandmother was the sole heir to a family settlement that she let go to the state to become a "park" on the KY/VA border. When I asked last year to detect the area for family heirlooms I was denied as it is now designated a state park..:mad:...but on a side note they would love to know of my family history so they can make more money off of it!! I don't think so.....:no:

Thats unfortunate..sounds like another round of emails, letters and phone calls from all of us... especially getting closer to election time..

Kentucky, if you have never gotten involved in something like this in person then you might not know how amazing it feels to be a part of the process. It won't be long before it is clear how big of a difference one person can make. Try it at least once! Nothing says that you have a problem with what they are doing like showing up in person!

There is no need to apologize at all everyone needs to wake up and smell the bans! They are killing a way of life, one that I plan to keep. I hope others feel the same way.

Thanks for this comment by the way - I never thanked you.

We needed more people to get involved in KY.

Let's do a Civil Rights Metal Detector March on a large Kentucky State Park this Summer or Fall! If we can get 2,000-3,000 metal detectors to walk into a park together, we can make a point. :cool:

We couldn't even get many to send emails or make phone calls.

To those who helped, my heartfelt thanks. The total number of support emails and calls was far smaller than our hobby.

Back
Top Bottom