4th large cent from field-Video & Pics

CoinRex

Headed back to field I've been pounding over the last week or so...... Got a nice fluctuating 12/42-12/46 on the CTX, just like the previous 3 braided hair type large cents I had already found in this area...... This time it turned out to be a matron head. It's in pretty rough shape and unfortunately I can't make out a date, but it's only the second matron head type I've ever found.......

MY HUNTING PARTNER FOR THE DAY.................

I love finding the ones with the hole... I think it meant some mother somewhere sewing it into someones coat as a just in case cent! I wish the fields here would dry out a bit... it's all still mud!
great hunt, congrats on the LC and great little video of yer huntin' partner!

ETA: for some reason the large cents come in here on the E-trac at a low FE of 01 to 05 and hit the CO of 42 to 45... weird.

I love finding the ones with the hole... I think it meant some mother somewhere sewing it into someones coat as a just in case cent! I wish the fields here would dry out a bit... it's all still mud!
great hunt, congrats on the LC and great little video of yer huntin' partner!

ETA: for some reason the large cents come in here on the E-trac at a low FE of 01 to 05 and hit the CO of 42 to 45... weird.

That is weird, usually the iron number is 12 or 13 on the CTX for those in my area......... Here's to hoping your fields dry out soon....HH

Back
Top Bottom