Friendly Metal Detecting Forums   Quality Metal Detectors
List all sponsors

Go Back   Friendly Metal Detecting Forums > Detectors and Gear > Metal Detector Accessories

Old 11-19-2020, 12:45 PM
Supporter

Default Deep silver

I bought an E-TRAC, and have been doing research on hunting deep silver. On you tube, I see where the Sun Ray X-12 coil goes three inches deeper than the original / stock coil. I WANT ONE. Anyone know where I can find one, or what other coil that will work as well?
Thanks for any info in advance,
hikerdude

Old 11-19-2020, 08:33 PM
Elite Member

Have owned an E-Trac for years and have used many different coils including larger than stock. I am leery of this claim. Maybe an inch but not 3. Another thing to consider. Target separation. Larger coils are generally not near as good and they are heavier. Keep those facts in mind.

Old 11-20-2020, 07:13 PM
Elite Member

I agree with Pastor Bob. You aren't going to get an extra 3". The best "larger" coil I ever used for FBS machines is the 13" Ultimate coil. I'd give that one a shot, if I were you. That coil never left my machine, once I got it. Light, deep, and great separation for such a large coil. Again though, only about an inch or so deeper than the stock coil. That 11" Pro coil that Minelab puts on the E-Trac is a heckuva coil...

Steve

Old 11-21-2020, 09:00 AM
Elite Member

Letís face it...we certainly live in a world of disinformation and exaggerated claims! The X-12 is a very nice coil...built very well, very nice cord, excellent performance. But I donít use one anymore, I went to the Detech Ultimate 13Ē for my Explorer. The cord doesnít have the quality of the Sunray, but for some reason the Ultimate performs better for me. WHY? Dunno. All I can do is report what Iíve seen. In the end, neither the Sunray or the Detech will get you ďan extra 3 inchesĒ over the Pro coil.

Old 11-21-2020, 09:41 AM

Agreed! Some should tell like it is! Thanks IDX