Jones Beach, NY "DetectorPalooza!"

Terry Soloman

Elite Member
Forum Supporter
The Jones Beach Ripper (Terry Soloman), Invites one and all to take part in a Two-Day metal detecting event! The first (and possibly last) "Jones Beach Detectorpalooza!"

Friday, July 22, 2011 - Low Tide 1.01' - 7:20am
Saturday, July 23, 2011 - Low Tide 0.72' - 7:10am

Completely informal, no dress code, just show up, strap up, and enjoy the morning meeting and greeting the detectorists that post here, argue here, laugh and disagree here! Here is a chance for all you Tri-State area beach hunters to come on out and show your stuff!

Check in begins at 6am, on Field # 6 at Jones Beach State Park, on Long Island New York. I am making some special T-shirts up for the occassion, and will be giving them away randomly to the guys and gals that come to our little meet-n-greet. Don't worry, I'll give out a few on BOTH days! I'll also try and get a Dunkin Doughnuts Box-O-Coffee on my way out if I can - No Promises!

I am driving from White Plains, in Westchester County, both mornings. I have an Empire Pass for parking, and room for three. (914) 589-3985 [email protected]

A NYS Beach Detecting Permit Is Required to Detect Jones Beach State Park!

sounds good Terry i will see if i can get off work on that friday.

Will let you know when it gets closer.

I would love to go........Jones Beach is a great place but I have 18 patients that would suffer greatly if I was not there to run their treatments. My job is highly specialized and not just any nurse can do it. My days off have to be planned weeks in advance.

Next Time!

I would love to go........Jones Beach is a great place but I have 18 patients that would suffer greatly if I was not there to run their treatments. My job is highly specialized and not just any nurse can do it. My days off have to be planned weeks in advance.

Hey Bobbie, I understand Completely! I worked in Respiratory Therapy in the ER for several years, and my gal is a Registered Nurse with almost 30-years of experience! Next Time!:cool:

See you Tomorrow!

The Jones Beach Ripper (Terry Soloman), Invites one and all to take part in a Two-Day metal detecting event! The first (and possibly last) "Jones Beach Detectorpalooza!"

Friday, July 22, 2011 - Low Tide 1.01' - 7:20am
Saturday, July 23, 2011 - Low Tide 0.72' - 7:10am

Completely informal, no dress code, just show up, strap up, and enjoy the morning meeting and greeting the detectorists that post here, argue here, laugh and disagree here! Here is a chance for all you Tri-State area beach hunters to come on out and show your stuff!

Check in begins at 6am, on Field # 6 at Jones Beach State Park, on Long Island New York. I am making some special T-shirts up for the occassion, and will be giving them away randomly to the guys and gals that come to our little meet-n-greet. Don't worry, I'll give out a few on BOTH days! I'll also try and get a Dunkin Doughnuts Box-O-Coffee on my way out if I can - No Promises!

I am driving from White Plains, in Westchester County, both mornings. I have an Empire Pass for parking, and room for three. (914) 589-3985 [email protected]

A NYS Beach Detecting Permit Is Required to Detect Jones Beach State Park!

For those of you coming in from out of state, and on tour buses tomorrow morning, look for the hospitality ladies in the bright pink bikini's and come on down to the waterline, introduce yourselves and join the party! I'll be in the water on field #6 around 6am - See you there! :yes:

WoW! Great First Day!

How wonderful to see some old friends, and make some new ones! At least a Dozen machines and hunters on the beach by 6:00am!:yes: My day started off with a bang! My coil bolt snapped 15-minutes into the hunt! Did not stop me, just slowed me down, and taught this Newbie :shock: one more VALUABLE LESSON: Spare parts - with you, when hunting 54-miles from the barn! :lol:

I'll let the fella's in the photo ID themselves should they choose to, and I can't wait to get back out there in the morning! I really hope to meet even more of you! Today's prize T-shirts will be going to two Long Island detectorists, Joe G., and Chris! I will PM you guys to get your addresses for shipping. More to give away tomorrow - see you at the beach! :cool:

Attachments

• Ittypalooza1.jpg
    Ittypalooza1.jpg
    29.1 KB · Views: 595
  • Ittypalooza2.jpg
    Ittypalooza2.jpg
    23.2 KB · Views: 605
  • Ittypalooza.jpg
    Ittypalooza.jpg
    64.2 KB · Views: 614
LIBEAR, the 2 pieces of jewelry I picked up today were both junk. Ring was plated and all stones were CZ. Oh well! They looked nice. I'll post them in my Recent Finds album when I get around to it.

If you're still interested, I purchased my diamond tester and gold test kit at
Scales-N-Tools.com. I don't have a link for the site but you can type it in.

It was nice to meet a couple of people from the forum and from around LI. I'm sure I'll be seeing you guys again on the beach. Judging by the size of the crowd that was building up, I'll be back again tomorrow. I'll look for you on the beach.

I'm on the right side. :D

Terry great meeting up with you .
I will see you tomorrow same place .

Not much in the finds department.
1 quarter
1 dime
1 nickel
1 junk hoop earring

Many slivers of metal and bobbi pins

All in all a great day with the new Sand Shark

Congrats John!

I'm on the right side. :D

Terry great meeting up with you .
I will see you tomorrow same place .

Not much in the finds department.
1 quarter
1 dime
1 nickel
1 junk hoop earring

Many slivers of metal and bobbi pins

All in all a great day with the new Sand Shark

Your very first hunt and you scored! I think that big 10.5-inch (bigger than Aerosmith's) of yours is hungry! :cool:

We don't want to see pictures of the detectors... we want to see the pictures of the women in the pink bikini's... you promised them where are they?

Back
Top Bottom