found a cool token before shovel bit the dust..

Lightningjack

Forum Supporter
Got out today to my local park for a short one hour hunt & dug a few newer coins and a really neat token, far as I can tell from a fast research its from around the 1930's... Now on to the shovel, Yesterday I purchased it at wal-mart & took it out for the first time today & it broke on my 2nd hole while recovering the token.. Guess I learned why we don't use two dollar diggers.. I just liked the way it looked..

svl3-1.jpg

svl4.jpg

svl2.jpg

Cool token!

Short of a lesche, I'd highly recomment this digger.

Hello,

I got one of those diggers that you linked (not the one in the picture) and I didn't like it because the tip was too blunt and wouldn't dig well at all in harder dirt. I really liked the A.M Leonard Soil Knife with Sheath. Very reasonable price @ $21.95 (currently)! :yes:

-- Yrekadude

Last edited:
Time for a Lesche... :lol: I have 2 diggers like that all bent up laying around somewhere. They are very difficult to use at times and very unreliable.

I just bought a Sampson Serrated 31" inch T handle digger a while back but was afraid to use it in my local park, Didn't want to get booted out carrying that huge thing around.. I have a good collection of diggers going on, Have a few more hiding somewhere..:lol:

shovels-1.jpg

A.M Leonard Soil Knife with Sheath[/URL]. Very reasonable price @ $21.95 (currently)! -- Yrekadude[/QUOTE]

Similar blade design to my old 3-in-1 knife and the current Hori-Hori knife. I've been told the metal doesn't go all the way through the handle and break. It's a good looking knife and I'll be interested in hearing how it holds up.

I just bought a Sampson Serrated 31" inch T handle digger a while back but was afraid to use it in my local park, Didn't want to get booted out carrying that huge thing around.. I have a good collection of diggers going on, Have a few more hiding somewhere..:lol:

shovels-1.jpg

Dang, dude!!! The Ace Hardware Store here doesn't have THAT many kinds of in stock!!!!!:lol::lol::lol:

Dusty

Back
Top Bottom