My T-Rex had a bad day.

Kapi

Forum Supporter
Got this T-Rex last May :( and no I don't dig in rocks, I dig in wet sand, as you can see the rest of the scoop is in pristine condition. Has anyone else had this happen or am I just that unlucky?

Now to be fair I will say that I tried to dig a large target out of the wet sand and actually broke the wood handle. Lesson learned, leave the big stuff down there.

Isn't there a guy somewhere that sells these with a life time warranty? I could really use that. :)

Attachments

• scoop 1.jpg
    scoop 1.jpg
    60.2 KB · Views: 501
  • trex.jpg
    trex.jpg
    41.7 KB · Views: 460
Sorry about your loss, Unga Bunga! Dang lady you must have a heck of a scoop arm! :lol:

If you upgrade scoops the Stealth scoops are lifetime warranty. Chuck pretty much dares you to try to break one.

Sorry about your loss, Unga Bunga! Dang lady you must have a heck of a scoop arm! :lol:

If you upgrade scoops the Stealth scoops are lifetime warranty. Chuck pretty much dares you to try to break one.

Now that is what I'm talking about :) Which Stealth scoop is closest in angle to the T-Rex. Love how this one handles but it's heavy.

Now that is what I'm talking about :) Which Stealth scoop is closest in angle to the T-Rex. Love how this one handles but it's heavy.

You want a 20 degree from the looks of your scoop...

Spend a little of your gold profits and pick up a CF shaft... you won't regret it..

Its light as a feather and strong as a bull and I do dig in rocks...

http://metaldetectingforum.com/showthread.php?t=208773

I know two guys down here with T-rex scoops, both are falling apart as well. They are nice and light, but not very durable. The welds for the tube that the handle goes in are breaking on one, and the steel mesh is cracking in another.

Sunspot has the lifetime warranty.

T-Rex is one of the lightest scoops I have held, a sunspot or basically anything else will be heavier. May want to just take it to an exhaust shop to get it rewelded.

I know two guys down here with T-rex scoops, both are falling apart as well. They are nice and light, but not very durable. The welds for the tube that the handle goes in are breaking on one, and the steel mesh is cracking in another.

Sunspot has the lifetime warranty.

T-Rex is one of the lightest scoops I have held, a sunspot or basically anything else will be heavier. May want to just take it to an exhaust shop to get it rewelded.

My T-Rex is 5.6 pounds with the wood handle on it.

I bought a Stealth Scoop this year and it is awesome. I couldn't be happier with it. I have dug in many rocky and clay filled areas with no issues.

I have the wood handle at the moment but would love to get a CF handle.

Just take it to a machine shop. Don't use it any more. It can be repaired. I have seen them fail like that before. All scoops eventually need repair. Ask for a quote. If they want more then 50$ try another shop. It's not a long repair. Those corners need something to strengthen them too. Looks like you had a deep one. Hhgl-Joe

Just get a STEALTH scoop...

I have nearly 1100 hours on my Stealth 720i and the scoop is in great shape, hardly tell it's been used in fact! Chuck makes a DYNAMITE tool that will last forever... and as for the weight, mine is right at 5 pounds with the wood handle, I can swing it for 6 hours worth of hunting without getting tired, and have done so a lot.

734794_10152412315915635_808718214_n.jpg

Stelth 790 IX

Best money I have spent. And it is quite a bit liter than the Trex, The scoop I had be for the 790IX. You will not be sorry. And yes they come with a life time warranty.

You want a 20 degree from the looks of your scoop...

Spend a little of your gold profits and pick up a CF shaft... you won't regret it..

Its light as a feather and strong as a bull and I do dig in rocks...

http://metaldetectingforum.com/showthread.php?t=208773

This ^^^^^^^^^

720 with the CF handle is awesome. I beat mine up in the rocks and although it has some dents/dings, it's still strong and reliable. Hell I even used mine to sift topsoil once :laughing:

Back
Top Bottom