ML's At-a-boy

dewcon

Quality Control Expert
Is slowly going to SNAFU. They were to complete the pressure on Wed and get it out so i was hoping to get it today. Sooo i dropped them an note. To my surprise.... or not really, i get the.... it didnt pass the pressure test. Now im getting excuses they dont know when it will be done because its a complicated process to find out why. Worked find before they got their hands on it. Doesnt seem like things have improved to me..... looks like a month or more turn around. Im more than a little upset.

Dew

Dew,
I couldn't be more sorry to hear about that. As an ML owner I hate to hear that.

I hope you blocked this post from Terry :laughing:

Bad news indeed....that's a blow...I can't speak to the service of that brand of machine. I can say I've heard little good. Confined to the sand....drag. Sorry Dew....Bill

With the money they are raking in they should give you a new machine.. a friend of mine who doesn't use the forums had his Whites detector flood and they gave him a new one...

Wish I could have read a thread like this before I sent my broken Minelab Excalibur II in for repairs last Monday.

Hope you get it back soon, but let's be real; We've already missed out on good finds.

With the money they are raking in they should give you a new machine.. a friend of mine who doesn't use the forums had his Whites detector flood and they gave him a new one...

I couldn't agree more! With ML $300. per unit price increase on the new units, I will take my chances with used and get it repaired, if needed, on the private market.

It is almost criminal what ML is pulling with the new ownership.

Sorry to hear that man, but only a month? When my coil snapped at the ears on my X-Terra, and my control box went haywire.. they told me 2-3 weeks. after 8-1/2 weeks later I finally got the stuff back and they forgot to put the set screw back in the control box. never again.

When I sent my 3 month old Excal 2 in because of a cracked pod; they had it back in less than two weeks. They did, however, tear one of the black plastic pod end caps and glued this torn end cap back on. I was a little upset about that! Maybe they should just change out the pod and you will be good to go. Sorry, I hope you get it back soon.

Is slowly going to SNAFU. They were to complete the pressure on Wed and get it out so i was hoping to get it today. Sooo i dropped them an note. To my surprise.... or not really, i get the.... it didnt pass the pressure test. Now im getting excuses they dont know when it will be done because its a complicated process to find out why. Worked find before they got their hands on it. Doesnt seem like things have improved to me..... looks like a month or more turn around. Im more than a little upset.

Dew

That sounds pretty disappointing. I don't get what could be so complicated about finding why (where) it leaks? There are only five knobs and the two ends.. ..seems like it would be a rather simple process of elimination, right? Test plugs for the end caps, and some sort of saddle fitting cover for knobs. Cover & plug them all and remove one at a time. I guess I should start saving for another xcal (used, of course) because sooner or later mine will probably have to be serviced.

The only thing they were doing was putting a new coil on.... i never had an issue with either pod. It might have been better if i could have at least sent it to Kelleyco here in Fl.... i mean a water machine.... Florida... but i had to send it UP North. Its getting a little H O T to do very many hours on the beach.... man looks like im going to have to do honey dew lists this week. Flbeachguy..... if it takes me 8 weeks ... trust me i will be the squeeky wheel. This shows me i need to get a back up..... how well does the Sand Shark work?

Dew

Thats bad news Dew

Maybe it's time for a seagoing backup. Second best in the field is better than a sharp stick in the eye. You know I really like my Whites. I use the Freeport facility for repairs because it's so close. They have a pressure unit to test for leaks. last time I sent the ID in, it was out and back in less than a week. I feel your pain...Gil

Looks like you are right Gil.... if im only doing water hunting i need two machines. If i cant trust an Xcal thats a proven water machine.... i doubt ill be grabbing a 3030 from them.

Dew

Sorry for the problem, I'm not trying to put in a plug for Whites but They replaced my beach hunter with a new one and paid the shipping for me to sent the other back to the factory. Maybe get a Whites for a back up??

Sorry for the problem, I'm not trying to put in a plug for Whites but They replaced my beach hunter with a new one and paid the shipping for me to sent the other back to the factory. Maybe get a Whites for a back up??

You are calling how it happened with you. My DF was fixed once, problem arose again, sent me a new machine before I sent the problem machine back. Salt water and electronics are a tough combo. Funny though, my older pulse units, never an issue, and they have been used in miserable conditions through the years..

Hope your problem is resolved...

SSC

Dew, I feel your pain, just know that we are so sanded in right now and could be worse, hope you get it back before the 4th.

Sorry to hear about your Excal Dew try this...

7ebebf1e-0957-7c87.jpg

I'm not so good at reading Japanese may have it all wrong but here is a "rough" translation. :lol:

"Helps to alleviate most noises that accompany frustrated honorable Excal owners waiting for said honorable machine.
If pain and/or noise persists contact honorable OBN."

Seriously though hope Minelab get their act together. The Excal's a great machine if only their customer service was BETTER!!! :yes:

Back
Top Bottom