Friendly Metal Detecting Forums   Metal Detectors
List all sponsors

Go Back   Friendly Metal Detecting Forums > Detectors and Gear > Advice on Detector Purchase

Notices

Reply
  
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 07-29-2018, 07:43 AM
NCtoad's Avatar
NCtoad NCtoad is offline
Supporter
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Location: Western NC
Posts: 1,668
Default Sold my Fisher F70...

Since getting the Equinox I haven't used it even one time on a hunt. I just couldn't justify keeping it. I still have the Vaquero, compadre and mojave if I ever need a backup. I sorta like those tesoros...just so basic and simple yet productive machines and fun to use. The nox is also a lot of fun and beats the F70 in every way although the F70 is no slouch. The nox is just that good.

__________________
Tesoro Compadre 8" coil, Tesoro Mojave, Tesoro Vaquero, Minelab Equinox 800

Reply With Quote


  #2  
Old 07-29-2018, 10:07 AM
Mud-puppy's Avatar
Mud-puppy Mud-puppy is offline
Supporter
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: West Michigan area
Posts: 11,318
Default

Originally Posted by NCtoad View post
Since getting the Equinox I haven't used it even one time on a hunt. I just couldn't justify keeping it. I still have the Vaquero, compadre and mojave if I ever need a backup. I sorta like those tesoros...just so basic and simple yet productive machines and fun to use. The nox is also a lot of fun and beats the F70 in every way although the F70 is no slouch. The nox is just that good.
Blasphemer! Kill Him! oh boy...I might be in serious trouble...I may just become a Minelabber afterall! I'll have to kick my own @ss just on the principle! A guy cant argue with in field results though...thats the bottom line in our Sport...

Nobody would give me a nickle for my F70 though..not with the fins cut off the coil, no camlocks with the shafts popriveted in place and it chopped up all to hell...

If a guy can Hop Coil with that NOX, and get really super fast...I may just have to cross over to the dark side...get myself a leather elbowed smoking jacket, a pith helmet, jodhpur britches, a monocle, and a meerschaum pipe like all the fancy pants 'Labbers have...

__________________

Detecting is the study of Mankinds interaction with topography, the untrustworthiness of pockets, and metals desire to return to the Earth from whence it came.

Reply With Quote


  #3  
Old 07-29-2018, 10:12 AM
cellrdwellr's Avatar
cellrdwellr cellrdwellr is offline
Elite Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Dirt Cellar, MA
Posts: 11,505
Default

I enjoyed the nox for the short time I used it, I've never used any of the other machines you mentioned. One thing that turned me off about the nox was the internal batteries. I really prefer to be able to change my batteries manually rather than having to have the whole machine plugged in to charge. I suppose you could use a power bank, but still, a small nuisance IMO. My favorite machines include the minelab CTX, Minelab explorer SE Pro, and the Garrett AT Gold. Etrac and equinox would probably be #4 & #5 on my list. Good to see your enjoying your new machine, good luck and happy hunting!

__________________
☆2018 LET'S GO CELTICS!🍀☆
☆W-207~IH-34~LC-19☆
☆Silva-62~Ster-14☆
☆Gold-1~V's-3~Buff-11☆

Reply With Quote


  #4  
Old 07-29-2018, 10:45 AM
DIGGER27's Avatar
DIGGER27 DIGGER27 is offline
Elite Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Alabama, by way of Detroit, Tampa Bay, Alabama and Kansas
Posts: 14,416
Default

Awwww...hey, at least you still got the memories.
I now have a Nox too but I don't think I will ever get rid of the F70 because I have found so much with it and it still works so well even in my difficult dirt.
I will spend time learning the Nox but eventually the F70 will still get out once in awhile.
I spent so many hours learning to understand it so well I can't see letting it go like...ever.
I did trade away my Vaq last year and that caused me some stress but it just didn't deal with my current conditions as well as I would like so I sent it to Craig in Missouri where I know it excels in that great dirt and I hope he is still using it.
I got a Mojave in trade which works extremely well here, I still have my Compadre that I don't think will be going anywhere because the nostalgia is worth more to me than the money I can get for it.

Like in life in this hobby new friends come into your life and sometimes old friends move away but again...you always will have those great memories.

__________________
"The road to success is always under construction."

Currently hunting with an F70, a Mojave and a borrowed Red Racer.
Plus a Nox 800.

Reply With Quote


  #5  
Old 07-29-2018, 10:51 AM
NCtoad's Avatar
NCtoad NCtoad is offline
Supporter
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Location: Western NC
Posts: 1,668
Default

Originally Posted by Mud-puppy View post
Blasphemer! Kill Him! oh boy...I might be in serious trouble...I may just become a Minelabber afterall! I'll have to kick my own @ss just on the principle! A guy cant argue with in field results though...thats the bottom line in our Sport...

Nobody would give me a nickle for my F70 though..not with the fins cut off the coil, no camlocks with the shafts popriveted in place and it chopped up all to hell...

If a guy can Hop Coil with that NOX, and get really super fast...I may just have to cross over to the dark side...get myself a leather elbowed smoking jacket, a pith helmet, jodhpur britches, a monocle, and a meerschaum pipe like all the fancy pants 'Labbers have...
I had to look up jodhpur britches...probably look good on you with your new nox

And you don't have to sell your F70 to buy a nox...just buy it and keep that f70 around for those times when you're feeling sentimental

__________________
Tesoro Compadre 8" coil, Tesoro Mojave, Tesoro Vaquero, Minelab Equinox 800

Reply With Quote


  #6  
Old 07-29-2018, 10:57 AM
NCtoad's Avatar
NCtoad NCtoad is offline
Supporter
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Location: Western NC
Posts: 1,668
Default

Originally Posted by cellrdwellr View post
I enjoyed the nox for the short time I used it, I've never used any of the other machines you mentioned. One thing that turned me off about the nox was the internal batteries. I really prefer to be able to change my batteries manually rather than having to have the whole machine plugged in to charge. I suppose you could use a power bank, but still, a small nuisance IMO. My favorite machines include the minelab CTX, Minelab explorer SE Pro, and the Garrett AT Gold. Etrac and equinox would probably be #4 & #5 on my list. Good to see your enjoying your new machine, good luck and happy hunting!
Different strokes for different folks...I really like the internal rechargeable battery on the nox. No need to carry spare batteries, just hook up a cable after every couple of hunts and you're good to go with a full charge. However, I can see your point with a removable rechargeable battery in that you don't have to have the entire detector leaning up against the wall by the charging outlet.

__________________
Tesoro Compadre 8" coil, Tesoro Mojave, Tesoro Vaquero, Minelab Equinox 800

Reply With Quote


1 members found this post helpful.
  #7  
Old 07-29-2018, 10:58 AM
NCtoad's Avatar
NCtoad NCtoad is offline
Supporter
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Location: Western NC
Posts: 1,668
Default

Originally Posted by DIGGER27 View post
Awwww...hey, at least you still got the memories.
I now have a Nox too but I don't think I will ever get rid of the F70 because I have found so much with it and it still works so well even in my difficult dirt.
I will spend time learning the Nox but eventually the F70 will still get out once in awhile.
I spent so many hours learning to understand it so well I can't see letting it go like...ever.
I did trade away my Vaq last year and that caused me some stress but it just didn't deal with my current conditions as well as I would like so I sent it to Craig in Missouri where I know it excels in that great dirt and I hope he is still using it.
I got a Mojave in trade which works extremely well here, I still have my Compadre that I don't think will be going anywhere because the nostalgia is worth more to me than the money I can get for it.

Like in life in this hobby new friends come into your life and sometimes old friends move away but again...you always will have those great memories.
Thanks, and that's how I see it too.

__________________
Tesoro Compadre 8" coil, Tesoro Mojave, Tesoro Vaquero, Minelab Equinox 800

Reply With Quote


  #8  
Old 07-29-2018, 05:37 PM
metaladdict's Avatar
metaladdict metaladdict is offline
Elite Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Northern , Cantaffordya.
Posts: 10,195
Default

I sold my f70 years ago..probably should have kept it, but I won't sell my Atpro. Just took it into the river underwater yesterday.

__________________
Detectors. Garrett AT Pro, Ace 250. Minelab Sov Elite. Equinox 800.
They can have my metal detector when they pry it from my cold dead hands!! John 14:6.

Reply With Quote


  #9  
Old 08-01-2018, 10:30 PM
goodtimecharlie's Avatar
goodtimecharlie goodtimecharlie is offline
Elite Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Kansas
Posts: 1,978
Default

Originally Posted by Mud-puppy View post
Blasphemer! Kill Him! oh boy...I might be in serious trouble...I may just become a Minelabber afterall! I'll have to kick my own @ss just on the principle! A guy cant argue with in field results though...thats the bottom line in our Sport...

Nobody would give me a nickle for my F70 though..not with the fins cut off the coil, no camlocks with the shafts popriveted in place and it chopped up all to hell...

If a guy can Hop Coil with that NOX, and get really super fast...I may just have to cross over to the dark side...get myself a leather elbowed smoking jacket, a pith helmet, jodhpur britches, a monocle, and a meerschaum pipe like all the fancy pants 'Labbers have...
Don't fight the Force Mud-puppy cross over to the Dark side.....why Nox

__________________
Equinox 600-Tesoro Tiger Shark- White's TRX Pinpointer

Reply With Quote


  #10  
Old 08-02-2018, 10:36 AM
metaladdict's Avatar
metaladdict metaladdict is offline
Elite Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Northern , Cantaffordya.
Posts: 10,195
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by goodtimecharlie View post
Don't fight the Force Mud-puppy cross over to the Dark side.....why Nox

__________________
Detectors. Garrett AT Pro, Ace 250. Minelab Sov Elite. Equinox 800.
They can have my metal detector when they pry it from my cold dead hands!! John 14:6.

Reply With Quote


  #11  
Old 08-02-2018, 01:35 PM
DaviDs's Avatar
DaviDs DaviDs is offline
Elite Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: By the beach
Posts: 4,178
Default

Originally Posted by Mud-puppy View post
Nobody would give me a nickle for my F70 though..not with the fins cut off the coil, no camlocks with the shafts popriveted in place and it chopped up all to hell...

If a guy can Hop Coil with that NOX, and get really super fast...I may just have to cross over to the dark side...get myself a leather elbowed smoking jacket, a pith helmet, jodhpur britches, a monocle, and a meerschaum pipe like all the fancy pants 'Labbers have...
I'll offer you (2) two nickles and a half-eaten pizza, but you gotta pay shipping!
Hurry, this offer won't last
Attached Images
 

__________________
Beach Life! . . . 🌊...._____ *̡͌l̡*̡̡ ̴̡ı̴̴̡ ̡̡͡|̲̲̲͡͡͡ ̲▫̲͡ ̲̲̲͡͡π̲̲͡͡ ̲̲͡▫̲̲͡͡ ̲|̡̡̡ ̡ ̴̡ı̴̡̡ *̡͌*̡͌l̡*̡̡ ̡
CTX, NOX800, Surf PI, DP-PULSE and (over the years) 22 other detectors

Reply With Quote


  #12  
Old 08-06-2018, 06:18 PM
Mikey48's Avatar
Mikey48 Mikey48 is offline
Supporter
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: Michigan
Posts: 464
Default

Originally Posted by Mud-puppy View post
Blasphemer! Kill Him! oh boy...I might be in serious trouble...I may just become a Minelabber afterall! I'll have to kick my own @ss just on the principle! A guy cant argue with in field results though...thats the bottom line in our Sport...

Nobody would give me a nickle for my F70 though..not with the fins cut off the coil, no camlocks with the shafts popriveted in place and it chopped up all to hell...

If a guy can Hop Coil with that NOX, and get really super fast...I may just have to cross over to the dark side...get myself a leather elbowed smoking jacket, a pith helmet, jodhpur britches, a monocle, and a meerschaum pipe like all the fancy pants 'Labbers have...

Mud,, The NOX just loves your "wiggle method" to pinpoint shallow targets.

Reply With Quote


  #13  
Old 08-06-2018, 06:45 PM
Mud-puppy's Avatar
Mud-puppy Mud-puppy is offline
Supporter
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: West Michigan area
Posts: 11,318
Default

Originally Posted by Mikey48 View post
Mud,, The NOX just loves your "wiggle method" to pinpoint shallow targets.

Ya mean 'Hop Coil'? straight hopping coil like I do with the 70? Hop coil aint wiggle...its a vertical hop...like a drummer...

I'd like to hear about it...You can hop coil with the NOX?...I would assume you could, its fast and runs a Dubbledee coil...I was just not sure if all the other freqs would allow it to function.....interested in hearing about it Mikey!! Dizzamn!

__________________

Detecting is the study of Mankinds interaction with topography, the untrustworthiness of pockets, and metals desire to return to the Earth from whence it came.

Reply With Quote


  #14  
Old 08-06-2018, 06:50 PM
Mud-puppy's Avatar
Mud-puppy Mud-puppy is offline
Supporter
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: West Michigan area
Posts: 11,318
Default

Originally Posted by DaviDs View post
I'll offer you (2) two nickles and a half-eaten pizza, but you gotta pay shipping!
Hurry, this offer won't last
Pshaw!! You gotta do better than that! I get my own half eaten pizzas and nickels every morning down at the park! Even got half a birthday cake one morning! That was nice...I even re lit the candle and made a wish!...had my own little celebration...
Attached Images
 

__________________

Detecting is the study of Mankinds interaction with topography, the untrustworthiness of pockets, and metals desire to return to the Earth from whence it came.

Reply With Quote


3 members found this post helpful.
  #15  
Old 08-13-2018, 06:52 AM
Tajue17's Avatar
Tajue17 Tajue17 is offline
Full Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Plymouth Rock
Posts: 207
Default

ha ha should read this 1st thread before posting

Last edited by Tajue17; 08-20-2018 at 07:14 AM.
Reply With Quote


  #16  
Old 09-13-2018, 06:50 PM
TrailDuster's Avatar
TrailDuster TrailDuster is offline
Full Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 145
Default

Originally Posted by Mikey48 View post
Mud,, The NOX just loves your "wiggle method" to pinpoint shallow targets.

Yes it does. And the hop.
Reply With Quote


  #17  
Old 09-14-2018, 04:42 PM
metaladdict's Avatar
metaladdict metaladdict is offline
Elite Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Northern , Cantaffordya.
Posts: 10,195
Default

Originally Posted by Mud-puppy View post
Pshaw!! You gotta do better than that! I get my own half eaten pizzas and nickels every morning down at the park! Even got half a birthday cake one morning! That was nice...I even re lit the candle and made a wish!...had my own little celebration...
Sweet someones abandonef cake!

__________________
Detectors. Garrett AT Pro, Ace 250. Minelab Sov Elite. Equinox 800.
They can have my metal detector when they pry it from my cold dead hands!! John 14:6.

Reply With Quote


Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:21 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.