Dear Mickler's Landing hunter - Rant with some jesting!

:dingding: I am glad you were rewarded with the yellow for your efforts. I can't stand seeing detectorists that leave holes! :mad:

A picture is worth a thousand words.. someday he will be caught.

Thanks Kapi for being a responsible hunter.

Lol, I laughed so hard reading that....especially cause I just showed my wife the 3.5" wide brown widow I killed. The thing had a leg spread bigger than a small bird and its bright orange hour glass was as big as mk ost spiders bodies. Yup, some creatures just shouldn't try to live in/near my house. LOL
There's a brown widow too? I remember in college we found a Black Widow in my roommate's bed.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Sorry to hear of the inconsiderate detector.......:yes: (Just realized how old this thread was......:shock:)

nice article....Unfortunatly, i think its a sign of the times for our hobby. You can tell by the questions being asked on forums like this or any of the other forums, along with the many facebook groups,(or youtube videos). These newbies (and sometimes lazy oldsters) arent asking " whats etiquette regarding properly cutting plugs, or what to do with trash, or asking permission correctly...Normally its " hey, i got 200 bucks to spend on a detector, what should i get"? or "im new to the hobby and just got my first detector, what digging shovel from home depot do you guys recommend?" (sarcasm intended)...you guys know what i mean, theres a lot more to this hobby then just going out and diggin holes and leaving them open, but were seeing more and more often...guess im just gettin old.lol:yes:

Hmmmm. A beach metal detectorist that doesn't follow rules, has no regard for the law...sounds like...

A PIRATE TO ME!

serveimage

nice and love the story...

but it is all too true ... every now and then i come along the same thing and fill them in... i chalk it up to someone new or a kid that doesnt know better... but this is a rare thing where i am....

and in the same breath... i wonder why... with so many trash cans on my beach... someone goes through the trouble of digging a hole a foot deep to bury his or hers beer tops and tabs... and half full cans as well !!!! and bottles !!! walk 20yards in almost and direction and there is a waste can.... i pulled 4 beer cans in one hole today... my detector was SCREAMING !!!!

the beach people love me out there and lifeguards... they know i am cleaning up and taking sharp objects out of the sand that can hurt people... its more of a service and they dont understand why i need a permit to clean the beach...lol

but i did find a diamond ear ring in the volley ball area... didnt tell them that :)

Do we determine a rich beach by the things they loose or by the things they bring to the beach and leave with?:lol:

Its sea turtle season here again. Paper showed a hole...... obviously not dug by one of us where a sea turtle fell in and didnt get out and died. Staged maybe, but the point was this could happen to the small ones. So moral of story...... bring your shovel not your detector and fill in the kids hole....... or beat the parents with it.:laughing:

lost white gold hoop W/diamonds inlaid

LOOK and Reward
LOST 2:18 p.m. in front of entrant high tide but rip currents size of 40# piece
please respond thru here reward

Lost at Micklers

Can you help me listen earring on Saturday

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom