No Gold – but a Very Nice Eyeball!

FelixtheCat

A Moderating Knight of the Round Coil
Super Mod
Forum Supporter
I saw last night that conditions would be workable so I planned on a hunt today. I was in the water by 7am and hunted for 5 hours. Conditions actually got better as time went by with winds dying down. I came across a spot between 2 sand bars that seemed to have some sand movement. Although I worked it well, and it gave up some good targets, the gold just didn't make it under my coil. The best find of the day were the Ray Ban Wayfarers I saw tumbling along the ocean bottom early in the hunt. I love those glasses! They’re in excellent shape as the other 2 glasses on the top of the picture. I saw about 5 other :pirates: out there. Tomorrow is back to school for the students at my school. S**t just got real! :tissue:

Attachments

• 8-19-18.jpg
    8-19-18.jpg
    59.8 KB · Views: 305
  • 8-19-18 Glasses.jpg
    8-19-18 Glasses.jpg
    45.5 KB · Views: 248
  • 8-19-18 Risky B.jpg
    8-19-18 Risky B.jpg
    38.7 KB · Views: 254
Last edited:
I have to ask: what do you do with all the sunglasses? I joined this forum in the spring and I'd bet that you've found 100+ sunglasses in that time. Nice work and thanks for sharing.

Great find! I wade right down the middle of the slack deep settling trough between the shore and the first sandbar after a strong weekend of surf...generally those fresh shades settle out in there! Is that how you do it?

I have to ask: what do you do with all the sunglasses? I joined this forum in the spring and I'd bet that you've found 100+ sunglasses in that time. Nice work and thanks for sharing.

:lol: No, I haven't found that many but have found quite a few. Many aren't as good as they sometimes look in the picture. Rare is the time that I destroy them from scooping - I'm surprised how good I have been with that. When they are far gone to the garbage they go. Some I have given to my son & daughter and even they're friends. Any good Ray Bans I'll keep usually for myself. Tomorrow, I'll be taking a couple of good aviator knock offs and giving a pair to a new police officer at my school. These LV frames that I found this year are the only ones I've sold. (Got good $ :D): http://metaldetectingforum.com/showthread.php?t=259034

Great find! I wade right down the middle of the slack deep settling trough between the shore and the first sandbar after a strong weekend of surf...generally those fresh shades settle out in there! Is that how you do it?
The top 2 glasses were found like that. 3 metal frame ones were detected and another metal set was an eyeball find. I have noticed that if I am out there for an early AM hunt my chances are usually better of finding stuff like that before the crowds arrive.

Back
Top Bottom