Finally got out with the Land or Sea pinpointer

NCDFX

So I bought myself a Land or Sea Pinpointer at the end of October but haven't had time before today to try it out in the field.

My first impression, it's pretty darn good. Up until now, I've only used the inexpensive cen-tech from Harbor Freight and a friend gave me an enormously big PP he got as a K-co freebie which works about as well as the centech. I have never used one from Garrett, White's or Minelab. So, keep that in mind.

The land or sea uses a pulse induction circuit. This was important to me because I also like to prospect for gold and pi pointers are better suited to bad ground and black sand.

The pointer runs off one 9 volt battery. It has two buttons. One for power and one for mode (sound, vibrate, or both). Four levels of sensitivity adjusted by holding down the selection button and pressing the power button. It has a white led light pointing down the body and a red led on the side that blinks during detection. It detects in any direction from the shaft. Tip or side. It is a very bright light green. Hard to misplace.

Performance: I took it to a park I have detected for years. I'm down to mostly pennies and pull tabs. Didn't matter, I just wanted to finally try it out. It comes on almost instantly. There's maybe a one second delay before you can start pinpointing. At full sensitivity it could detect a penny or dime between three and four inches in the ground. I was able to dig shallow clad with tiny holes. On deeper targets, after flipping a plug, as you get closer to the target, the vibration and or sound speeds up until you just about touch the coin and then it's solid.

No falsing. No grond balancing. At max sensitivity, the pulses seem spread out until extremely close. Lowering the sens made it pulse faster sooner and made finding the target easier. It's supposed to be waterproof down to twenty feet and floats.
So far, so good. This is a good pinpointer at a reasonable price. I can't recommend it over the big name units that I haven't tried, but I can recommend it. If you're like me and prospect for gold, it's a good choice. For 99 dollars, most will be happy with it.
HH
Henry

Back
Top Bottom