Tried a new field spot, button questions..

Ice Scratcher

Elite Member
Been waiting to try field hunting, crops are finally off, tried a place I have permission at... Hunted for about 2 hours.

Not one coin, crotal bell fragments and buttons..

Does anybody know anything about these buttons, how old?

Also what the object is next to the buttons, more of a strap holder than a drawer pull IMO?

Thanks a bunch for any help!!

IMG_4835_zps748c73a2.jpg

IMG_4837_zps0e82c844.jpg

IMG_4838_zps330f40ed.jpg

IMG_4839_zpsc92f90d4.jpg

<*)))>{

sweet, is that your first civil war related find?

YES!!! :yes:

Besides some musket balls and such, this is the first traceable for sure, civil war relic...

Anyone know what the thing next to the buttons is?

Thanks again all!!!

<*)))>{

YES!!! :yes:

Besides some musket balls and such, this is the first traceable for sure, civil war relic...

Anyone know what the thing next to the buttons is?

Thanks again all!!!

<*)))>{

Nice buttons..!!
The thing next to the buttons looks a bit different from the ones I've found but it might be the front knob thingy off of a civil war era cartridge box.. I can't remember the exact name for it..

There called civil war cartridge box or pouch finials, that sounds better then knob thingy...:lol:

Last edited:
Thanks for the input LJ!!!

I forgot to mention, there was iron coming out of the bigger end, like a screw rusted off...

I will look into your suggestion...

Thanks again!

<*)))>{

Thanks for the input LJ!!!

I forgot to mention, there was iron coming out of the bigger end, like a screw rusted off...

I will look into your suggestion...

Thanks again!

<*)))>{

Heres a couple I found with the scew still attached, if it had a box plate attached to the box it might still be laying around at your site..:wow:

Attachments

• knob.jpg
    knob.jpg
    90.7 KB · Views: 133
Back
Top Bottom