Cold morning brings Indian #32 and a "Spoot" CW token

gameoftag

Forum Supporter
Work is crazy right now, and juggling family time and still finding time to hunt is getting a little tricky but where there is a will there is a way.

The plan: Get in 6 hours of work on Saturday, and be home by noon for yard work and family time. I wanted to squeeze an hour in for metal detecting in there somewhere, and I was able to work it in.

Executing the plan:
Got up bright and early at 4:30 am to a balmy 38 degrees. I knew it was going to be a chilly one but I did not expect the 30's (winters coming). Got to work and worked till daybreak (7AM). I then jumped in the truck to a nearby location that has been pretty good in the last couple weeks. Looked at the temp on the way and saw it had not went up...... It had actually dropped to 35 (Ugh). Arrived and threw on a hat and extra sweatshirt (always prepared) and went to work. Only had an hour or so but it was a good one (see below). Back at work about 8:30 and worked til a little after noon. Home by 12:15.
(MISSION ACCOMPLISHED)

Here are the goodies:

1900 Indian head and an 1863 civil war token (3rd career CW token).

20131019_165459~01.jpg 20131019_165436~01.jpg

This is my absolute favorite token ever and It turns out to be a sort of rare variety. This is what is known as a "spoot" token.
It reads:
"The flag of our union" on the front and the back says "If anybody attempts to tear it down shoot him on the spoot". Supposed to say spot but I guess it has a "spoot" variety (209/414a) The middle probably says "DIX" in the middle but I can't make it out. The DIX stands for John Dixon who, I read, was appointed Major General in the Union Army by President Lincoln.
Any other info anyone has on this would be most appreciated.

Also scored wheat penny #84 for the year (1916) and a whole pile of trash (not pictured).

Thanks for looking.

First of all congrats on your persistance and getting mission accomplished! It is the year of the IH! And that token is probably the coolest dug Civil War token I have ever seen, very cool!! I look forward for hearing more about it and other comments on the token, awesome token!!

That is a fantastic token and the Indian looks to be in great condition. In just an hour. I'd say that was a well plan for a short hunt. Congrats "Game"! Jack

North☆Star;1831217 said:
Nice IH! Its snowing right now over here. Looks like times almost up:mad:

I think the snow is going to just miss me this week. Even though I have to work a lot over the next couple weeks, I plan to get out at least a dozen times yet before the snow flies. It's only October, but it's getting cold. Think it's going to be an early winter for sure.

Thanks for all the comments. This token is quite possibly my favorite find of the year.
Anybody have anymore info on it?

Back
Top Bottom