One hole, two rings!

Bagelbites

Forum Supporter
Hey! I woke up earlier than normal this morning, so I headed out for a quick hunt before work. I first went to a popular river spot, but the water is so high that there was very little beach to cover. So I left and went to my honey hole park. I've found 3 gold and 2 silver jewelry here.

My FIRST target was bouncing around between 50-68 on the AT Pro. About 4 inches down were these two rings! The first I unearthed has two sets of initials and the date April 1, 1915! It is marked Shreve and Co, 18k. I thought that was it, but my pin pointer sounded off again in the same hole. Out popped another ring! It also has two sets of initials (not the same as the first ring) and the date 8-6-47. It is marked 14k-artcarved. Each ring weighs a little over 5 grams. An old pull tab was the last item recovered from this hole.

I have to assume that these were dropped together, but who knows? I'm pumped either way. That's five pieces of gold from this little neighborhood park, and 7 gold for the year.

Attachments

• 20170720_070129.jpg
    20170720_070129.jpg
    106.8 KB · Views: 573
  • 20170720_080524.jpg
    20170720_080524.jpg
    57.4 KB · Views: 573
Last year I found two silver rings in the same hole. Luckily, like you I recheked the hole. Year before, found two gold class rings a foot or two apart. Thanks for bringing back the memories. I needed that, the way my luck has been lately!

Sweet! Shreve and Co is based in San Francisco, nice oldie! I dug a sterling
fork by that company out of an oooold dump.:grin:

Hey! I woke up earlier than normal this morning, so I headed out for a quick hunt before work. I first went to a popular river spot, but the water is so high that there was very little beach to cover. So I left and went to my honey hole park. I've found 3 gold and 2 silver jewelry here.

My FIRST target was bouncing around between 50-68 on the AT Pro. About 4 inches down were these two rings! The first I unearthed has two sets of initials and the date April 1, 1915! It is marked Shreve and Co, 18k. I thought that was it, but my pin pointer sounded off again in the same hole. Out popped another ring! It also has two sets of initials (not the same as the first ring) and the date 8-6-47. It is marked 14k-artcarved. Each ring weighs a little over 5 grams. An old pull tab was the last item recovered from this hole.

I have to assume that these were dropped together, but who knows? I'm pumped either way. That's five pieces of gold from this little neighborhood park, and 7 gold for the year.

My guess is they were buried together possibly by the children of the parents? I have found 2 gold wedding bands in my scoop water hunting.. one was a mans the other a woman's.. I kept them :)

That there is one heck of an awesome morning pre-work hunt!

Congrats!

Two old golds in one hole!!!

Thanks! A nice, cool hour-long morning hunt with this find beats my normal 4-5 hour pull tab-fests in the heat any day.

That's crazy!
Congrats on the two rings!!!

Thank you!

Congratulations what a great find. Your own personal Gold Rush.

Yes sir. I'll be focusing on this park a lot more in the future.

Awesome quick hunt! I'm still waiting to find my first gold anything lol.

Dig the mid-tone signs, even the iffy ones. You will find gold sometime.

That's a cool 'ring-spill'! Congrats :)

Thank you!

Congratulations on such a great and rare find. Awesome.

Thank you!

Cool story and congrats! Still looking for my first gold ring...

Thanks. You'll get a ring, keep swinging.

congrats on the sweet butter

Nothing betta than butta.

Awesome finds:wow: Congrats!

Thanks BuscaOro!

Last year I found two silver rings in the same hole. Luckily, like you I recheked the hole. Year before, found two gold class rings a foot or two apart. Thanks for bringing back the memories. I needed that, the way my luck has been lately!

Cool, I'm not the only one. It really makes me wonder about the story of these rings. I love this hobby.

Sweet! Shreve and Co is based in San Francisco, nice oldie! I dug a sterling
fork by that company out of an oooold dump.:grin:

Thanks for sharing that! Yes, I read that they were founded in 1852. I emailed them from their website to see if they have records that go back to 1915 in hopes of a possible return. A gentleman emailed me back very quickly. He was nice, but said they do not have records that old.

Sometimes digging those jumpy signals pay off, glsd it did for you! Congrats!

Yes, this time it did. This my first target of the morning, so I was still gung-ho. I think I tend to leave the iffy signals as a hunt wears on, so I'm glad I got my coil over this first.

Man, that's awesome! It'll take you a while to best that one:lol:

Next time, three rings in one hole!

Second reply on this, but I'm just "WOW" on this one, can't even imagine!

Super congrats man!

Thanks buddy! Trust me, I'm still a bit in disbelief. 1915?? Someone born in the 1800s wore that ring, and I found it. Love this hobby!

Helluva hunt.

Congrats

Yes sir, thank you!

My guess is they were buried together possibly by the children of the parents? I have found 2 gold wedding bands in my scoop water hunting.. one was a mans the other a woman's.. I kept them :)

That is one theory that I considered. Or maybe a grandchild or great grandchild was wearing the rings and lost them? I'll probably never know.

Wow! Congrats!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you!

Back
Top Bottom