Great day!!

TandTmrh

I had an amazing day today and wanted to share it with people that actually understand the significance.

I went to an area just outside my city where a fairly large skirmish took place during the civil war. I went down the country road and pulled in to the first property. It was a church that sits on 30 acres, about 25 of us is wooded. Long story short..I got full permission. I then went to the next property, which is mostly a big farm. The nice couple who were selling boiled peanuts gave me full permission, and they can't remember ever giving anyone permission to MD there. 90+ acres!

I could go on and on, but I secured 5 total permissions, for a total of over 500 acres!! It took me a good portion of the day to talk to everyone, but it was so worth it! I don't know if it was my cologne, or just my smile, but everyone was more than happy to give me permission. I also had my 15 yr. old son with me, and twice I got a compliment for sharing time and hobby with him.

I just wanted to share......Guess what I'm doing tomorrow at the crack of dawn?

Wow. Nice start of a great hobby!

Congrats. I think you got a great start! Old farms are the best! Some have been converted to old parks! My best finds have been at old farm houses and the fields.

Congrats on the permissions! I hope you can get into some great civil war relics. Looking forward to updates.

Back
Top Bottom