10-30-2013 Final Hunt For October -- 6 1/2 Inch Texas Cap Gun!

Pennyfinder

Elite Member
I went back to one of my empty lots (where a house burned a few years ago that was built in the early 1900's but had been used until about 4 years ago)! It has produced a couple IH's, one gold men's wedding band and a few wheat pennies -- no silver (yet).

But it never ceases to surprise me with SOMETHING every now and then. Today was one of those days. I had an "IFFY" sound -- somewhat solid repeatable but not constant -- kept breaking up (don't know why). I ALMOST didn't dig it but something nagged at me that made me think -- you might regret it -- it's not always junk! AND IT WASN'T! :D But I didn't expect this gun COMPLETELY INTACT! Here's one I found on eBay (too bad I don't have the sheriff's badge :no: ):

http://www.ebay.com/itm/VINTAGE-196...-SHERIFF-BADGE-6-1-2-L-LONGHORN-/181249998391

Oh yeah I got the usual clad, copper and zinc. (45 cents total).

I'm glad I got this gun today. It made the hunt worthwhile and will hold me over until I can hunt again maybe Friday or Saturday. (Busy tomorrow with a Halloween event.) HAPPY HALLOWEEN! :pumpkins:

So today's hunt will be my final hunt for the month of October! October's total clad count was not too shabby -- $21.90 -- MY BEST MONTH YET!

Thanks for looking! GL & HH

Attachments

• 10-30-13 Coins & Texas Cap Gun.JPG
    10-30-13 Coins & Texas Cap Gun.JPG
    158.4 KB · Views: 122
  • 10-30-13 Hubley Texas Cap Gun 1964.JPG
    10-30-13 Hubley Texas Cap Gun 1964.JPG
    152.7 KB · Views: 118
Cool find PF, always fun to chase those iffy signals.

Yeah I'm glad I did -- I don't usually! I guess I'll chasing them more often in the future. Can't wait to see what November brings me! I really need to find me a new hot spot to find me more silver coins etc.

KT thinks your cap gun is great! Big congrats on that! KT had a pair of them when He was a young Kinglet, but has no idea what the Royal Mother did with them when He went off to college! Probably tossed them just as she tossed the entire collection of KT's classic old comic books! Bummer!

Finding something that unusual makes a hunt! :D:D

KT thinks your cap gun is great! Big congrats on that! KT had a pair of them when He was a young Kinglet, but has no idea what the Royal Mother did with them when He went off to college! Probably tossed them just as she tossed the entire collection of KT's classic old comic books! Bummer!

Finding something that unusual makes a hunt! :D:D

Oh Man! That would upset me majorly to have my "stuff" just tossed out! :( SAD!

This gun is not in the best shape but it IS COMPLETE! And the hammer does try to move "back" when you TRY to squeeze the trigger. It doesn't work too well. And a lot of the chrome has come off but I like it. It is a cool find!

Kool Find

It looks to be in pretty good shape. I had cap guns when I was little, I loved em. Kids use to play outside, and loose their money, and toys. Now days the stay inside and play electronic games. Good thing is, in the olden days when they played out side, they made coins out of silver :p
HH

It looks to be in pretty good shape. I had cap guns when I was little, I loved em. Kids use to play outside, and loose their money, and toys. Now days the stay inside and play electronic games. Good thing is, in the olden days when they played out side, they made coins out of silver :p
HH

I was a tomboy and only had "boys" to play with so I adapted by asking "Santa" for cap guns, army men, marbles, basketball, football, rifle (toy that is) :p just so the "boys" would want to play with me! I know all about cops and robbers and cowboys and indians! LOL! But Santa would always leave me a doll too (to play with inside on rainy days)! LOLOL!!!

You're right, kids today don't know how to "pretend" and make up games outside! All they know is what is on the computer, the XBox360 or their smartphones/Iphones!!!

you know that is strange because the guy that went with me yesterday found the exact same gun that looks just like yours but just not in as good shape as yours that is wild.

Back
Top Bottom