How I stop the face plate of my DFX to come off.

Lizard prince

The DFX or XLT are marvelous machines and will do their job with blessings.But after 3 years of having my DFX I started to present a small problem with the face plate. The constant rubbing of my thumb while I placed down the detector to dig unconciously. I started to note the faceplate was coming loose at the bottom left hand corner near the handle.Scared I imidiately placed 2 small pieces of strong postal package tape to hold together the plate in the union. I have had no problems after that. Have fun folks with your Whites and good luck to all. :!:Ralph Clarification: it is the black casing not the clear window area.

Give White's a call...

The DFX or XLT are marvelous machines and will do their job with blessings.But after 3 years of having my DFX I started to present a small problem with the face plate. The constant rubbing of my thumb while I placed down the detector to dig unconciously. I started to note the faceplate was coming loose at the bottom left hand corner near the handle.Scared I imidiately placed 2 small pieces of strong postal package tape to hold together the plate in the union. I have had no problems after that. Have fun folks with your Whites and good luck to all. :!:Ralph Clarification: it is the black casing not the clear window area.

Order the spare part and change it. Or let White's some service do. The plastic parts have to be fat free and have to be clean for a new bonding. You can use some isopropyl for that and then bond the spare part through. But before this is done you have to open the cover from the display box and idle the ribbon cable and connect it inside.
I'd give White's a call...

Back
Top Bottom