coinstar cache

Fool

I went to a Tops ive never been to and walked over to the coinstar after grocery shopping. The entire tray was full of pennies!!! Its not a lot of money but still cool to find. My excitement went away when i got home and went through them....only 3 wheats and 5 canadian the rest just clad.
Why did so many get rejected?
0321181826.jpg

The real question is how did someone walk away from that horde lol.

Oldest coin- 1946 wheatie.

The real question is how did someone walk away from that horde lol.

Oldest coin- 1946 wheatie.

no clue, is it possible the machine got too full to accept more pennies? This store is not close to my house so im not making a specific trip to go look anyway...

Nice finds. Every time I have checked the local coin star it has been empty. Someone in my neck of the woods beating me to it? Hummmm

Nice finds. Every time I have checked the local coin star it has been empty. Someone in my neck of the woods beating me to it? Hummmm

yea ive only just started looking but ive found things in 2/5 times. Someone is definitely beating you to it!

They might have been covered with something or too many coins going through too fast. I have found all sorts of standard clad in the tray.

So many were probably rejected because they had gunk on them or something was inside the machine, just before the counting slot that was pushing them to the reject slot instead of to the counting slot. Maybe the person left them because "they are just pennies" and not worth the effort to pick up again. I have had some get rejected if I fed them in to fast also.
Congrats of the handful.

Congrats on finding ANY coins in your local coinstar! I have not seen a single coin in mine for months. I did find a 52 rosie about a year ago and then it just went downhill from there. I did find a zincoln hoard one day and when I reached in to grab the coins I realized why they were rejected, sticky! I spent my whole time shopping trying to get the stick off my left hand, all along wondering just what that "sticky" was.....yuk!

That happens..sometimes you have to wait for the machine to catch up, then re-insert the discards for them to be accepted...some people just dont care and walk away with their script...

Back
Top Bottom