Talk of longer runtime battery for Equinox line in the works (aftermarket)

Tnss

Hunted some long hunt's , 1 bar never dropped on the power scale , you must know some 24 hour hunters' :laughing: as i find a longer run time battery IS NOT NEEDED, now i would like when my battery fail"s in 3 years , a perfect fit, with the same connector fitting to pull , and replace with 0 issue's howboutit :?:

Hunted some long hunt's , 1 bar never dropped on the power scale , you must know some 24 hour hunters' :laughing: as i find a longer run time battery IS NOT NEEDED, now i would like when my battery fail"s in 3 years , a perfect fit, with the same connector fitting to pull , and replace with 0 issue's howboutit :?:

No Earl I don’t know any 24 hour hunters. Just sharing what I saw elsewhere. Some folks may be interested.

I have never used the backlight, but i have to agree. A hunter can hunt longer than I want to with the stock battery. I think it is a very big non issue. But hey if people want to spend their money on a new improved battery what do I care. :roll:

My biggest hope for after-market batteries to fit the Equinox is price over longer run time. I like Minelab and their technological advances but that R&D costs $$ and the consumer pays for it.
I am sure the cost of a replacement is posted somewhere but hopefully I have over 2 years or so before I have to think about replacing the OEM battery. By then there should be options in the after-market, especially considering how many Equinox machines have been sold.

I agree with these comments. The stock battery is plenty good, but it's good to know there are even better options. When I have to replace any rechargeable battery, I look for the higher amp-hours available. Price is another factor.

My understanding is that if the Nox is plugged into a 2A 5v external power pack it will run directly off of it and bypass the internal battery. While it might be overkill, and nothing I'm planning to do myself, somebody really wanting to extend the life/capacity of the internal battery could run it off a power pack on occasion to reduce the number of charging cycles.

Back
Top Bottom