Cellar hole stellar find...

AceOfBases

Got some heart wrenching news late Saturday night that one of my best friends had passed Friday night, in his sleep. Heart attack. 37 years young with a 2.5 year old son. Was (and still am) in shock. Numb.

I had a long day of hunting planned for two months so I decided to go out with a buddy as we had planned on Sunday morning. There's not much more I'd rather do to get out on a nice day and especially to get my mind off things.

So we went to a cellar hole, pretty deep in the woods that I had detected once before. Definitely very old, mid 1800's at least.

After at least an hour detecting, neither of us had found any coins but several spoons, buttons, etc.

Then I get a somewhat jumpy signal (but good sounding) on my equinox. Was reading between 24 and 27 IIRC.

Take a look at this beauty!
e205fe6182d5071a072e0ff87788a74a.jpg
9007f1a1540e4e27a28cc59d6f0d5403.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Sorry to hear about you and your friend's family's loss. Just isn't right. I also use detecting as an escape. Helps to cope.

Oh, and nice large cent!

Sorry to hear about your loss, a horrible experience we all go through at some point in time unfortunately :(

That large cent is beautiful though, in very nice condition for being nearly 200 years old.

Sorry to hear about your friend. Nice find

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Very sorry to hear of your loss. That's way too young to pass on. Hope his family will heal soon. Prayers for all of you.

Nice find.

On a positive note, that large cent is in banging good condition! My condolences for your loss.

Sorry for your loss as it is never easy saying goodbye to somebody that is close. That Large Cent is a beauty, no doubt about it. Congrats! Trapper

Back
Top Bottom