Nox question.

jruckman38

Elite Member
Do you equinox user think that the sound of silver is different then the sound of clad. I think it sound so much higher I noticed when I go over a clad dime the sound of the beep is not as high as a silver dime. You can tell what's silver and what is not. Anyone else think this.

Do you equinox user think that the sound of silver is different then the sound of clad. I think it sound so much higher I noticed when I go over a clad dime the sound of the beep is not as high as a silver dime. You can tell what's silver and what is not. Anyone else think this.

I notice it, but I run 50 tones. I hear more subtle tone changes on silver. Testing in my home yard on clad versus Mercury dimes, backs it all up, for me. That is with 50 tones.

My take.
You can use depth meter to weed out the clad dimes maybe.
Otherwise dig, or you’ll leave a silver dime in the ground.
Silver dimes can be tilted, and or worn, and or chipped. And ID/Tone can be skewed from ideal. Making them read as clad or copper.

It depends on how you have your tone bins and pitchs set up!

That being said, everytime I dig a silver coin, I say to myself, "I knew that sounded just like a silver coin!"

Many if the deep silver dimes I've dug ring in just like wheat pennies. If it's a nice, deep signal, I dig it.

My take.
You can use depth meter to weed out the clad dimes maybe.
Otherwise dig, or you’ll leave a silver dime in the ground.
Silver dimes can be tilted, and or worn, and or chipped. And ID/Tone can be skewed from ideal. Making them read as clad or copper.

I dig 2 inch dimes. Found a baber the other day at 2 to 3 inches

I notice it, but I run 50 tones. I hear more subtle tone changes on silver. Testing in my home yard on clad versus Mercury dimes, backs it all up, for me. That is with 50 tones.

I don't know how to set it up like that not yet anyway any help would be appreciated. I just turn it on balance it bump the sensitivity up a bit and detect.

I dig all of them. Most detectors will give a slightly higher numerical reading for a silver dime than for a clad one. On my AT pro a clad dime rings in at 81-82, silver dimes at 84-85. On my M6 clad dimes rang in at 77 and silver dimes rang in around 80-81. Not all silver coins are deep nor are all clad coins shallow.

I dig all of them. Most detectors will give a slightly higher numerical reading for a silver dime than for a clad one. On my AT pro a clad dime rings in at 81-82, silver dimes at 84-85. On my M6 clad dimes rang in at 77 and silver dimes rang in around 80-81. Not all silver coins are deep nor are all clad coins shallow.

My DFX clad came 77 78. Silver 80 81.

In my short trial run @ the Nox, I came to conclude what seems to be the consensus : Less tell-tale audio clues @ silver dime vs copper penny.

Versus something like the Explorer II, where ..... there was a tell-tale audio that gave you a pretty good clue.

As for the occasional replies that someone says their nox seems to give a different audio: Bear in mind that there could be subconscious memory bias going on. That's where ...... at each deeper beep, you think "sounds like silver". But if it turns out to be a clad dime or deep copper memorial, you promptly forget your premonitions. But ONLY when it turns out to be a silver dime, do you remember your premonitions and think: "Aha! I knew it" :roll:

Back
Top Bottom