1836 home got skunked!

Efreedma

I was able to hit a home built in 1836 the other day and I got skunked! Running the Deus with 9" X35 coil Gary's Ultimate, cala's pitch and Gary's sonar programs. The deus was super chatty at this home for some reason, no matter what I did to the settings. I had to drop the sens down to 60 to get it to a manageable level which isn't good. Not sure if it was just horrible EMI or what, but my brain was on audio overload for most of the hunt. I am guessing that is the reason for my inability to pull anything older than a 1930 wheat. I was super stoked to hit this house but I do not believe I will be going back due to my Deus not liking the site in the least. This was by far the most erratic my Deus has ever been. I usually hunt with the sense at 90-93 and at those levels it was IMPOSSIBLE to hunt. I even reverted to some of the factory programs and every single one of them was just as chatty as the next. The only signals I could hear were the signals that pretty much blew my ear drums out that were 2" or less. Oldest site I have hit to date and I am super disappointed in the result. On the the next!

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Don't feel bad....some years ago I had permission to hunt a house built in the 1790's. All I found were a bunch of nails and assorted junk. Searched a late 1800's house a couple of years ago and got nothing but old soda cans.

Don't feel bad....some years ago I had permission to hunt a house built in the 1790's. All I found were a bunch of nails and assorted junk. Searched a late 1800's house a couple of years ago and got nothing but old soda cans.
I went into the hunt thinking I was gonna find something good. I also know the house had never been hunted before. The current owner has been there for 60+ years so I believe them. I know there are good targets there, has to be, 1836 never hunted, has to be something. This is the first time I have hit a site and not found a single good target. I have no clue why my machine was so erratic. The owner told me that it was even a store at one point in time, so people had to be dropping things. There was not one part of that property that my machine was quite enough for me to hear targets. There has to be power lines or something emitting EMI running under the ground.

Ive been there dozens of times.

Take Yoopers advice, if you can try a few more times.
I might bring my patriot next time and try it, or try my 11" LF coil, but the X35 is usually quieter than the LF. I know the site has potential, but it was a bit on the unbearable side. Even a 2 tone program was too much.

You might have something as far as the power lines, if they run underground and are not coax shielded they could be giving off enough EMI to cause problems.

It does sound like EMI. I had permission to hunt an old home and ran into the same problem. I suspect that the air conditioner was the culprit.

The owner only thinks no one’s hunted it before. He’s never heard of nighthawks.
Good luck if you return.

Back
Top Bottom