'Anyone here tried BJ Headphones?

$130.62.

My preliminary thoughts are that the headphones are well made and work well. They are a bit tight but I am sure they will loosen with use and/or I could stretch them out a bit myself.

The sound is more "midrangey" than I am use to. Of course that is where you really want it to be for detector use. The right speaker is a bit tinny on occasion but that does not affect performance.

The real difference from my Gray Ghosts and Koss headphones is the ambient sound dampening. These are amazing at blocking outside noise (maybe too good for some places).

There is a volume control on each ear, This is great for use with my Compadre and helps balance the volume for those with uneven hearing from one ear to the other.

There is a switch on one cup that I assume changes polarity. It is very easy (too easy) to move to a different position, which turns off your sound until you switch it back. When I wear a hooded jacket it kept pushing the switch down. It is a three way switch and with the cable I was using, it worked in the up or down position. At first I was using it in the up position and the hood kept moving it to the center cutting out my sound. Once I moved it to the down position, I had no more trouble.

I would like to get a few more hunts in with these before I give my final review but so far, I am impressed.

Back
Top Bottom