Green Day...coins, not the band

DIGGER27

In Memory Of
Alabama, by way of Detroit, Tampa Bay, Alabama and
Hunting a new lawn, silver came out on my first two hunts but today was wheat cent and foreign coin day.
8 wheats from the 20's to the 50's, a 1960 1 Franc coin, and a 1940 2 Aurar Kunungur Islands coin, Islands is Iceland in Icelandic.

Most of the wheats were just dirty but 3 are in different stages of green and that Islands coin is the greenest of them all.
Love the green ones.

photostudio_1582411806082.jpg

Here is that Icelandic coin...

photostudio_1582411933766.jpg

Aaaaaaaaand...I found my first watch fob, ever.
Well, most of one, the company stamped it and they were known to make fobs and a slew of other things.
Bastian Bros co Rochester NY
Started in 1895 and they are still around today.
My base is missing something that was attached to it but I can tell what it is, or was.

Other similar fobs made by this company below...

photostudio_1582414448461.jpg
photostudio_1582414409768.jpg

photostudio_1582405552683.jpg
photostudio_1582406940067.jpg

It will hold me over until I find my next, and hopefully better fob but I am still happy.

Last edited:
Hunting a new lawn, silver came out on my first two hunts but today was wheat cent and foreign coin day.
8 wheats from the 20's to the 50's, a 1960 1 Franc coin, and a 1940 2 Aurar Kunungur Islands coin.
That's a small island near Iceland.

Most of the wheats were just dirty but 3 are in different stages of green and that Islands coin is the greenest of them all.
Love the green ones.

View attachment 459385

View attachment 459386

Well, most of one, the company stamped it and they were known to make fobs and a slew of other things.
My base is missing something that was attached to it but I can tell what it is, or was.

View attachment 459387
View attachment 459388

View attachment 459389
View attachment 459390

It will hold me over until I find my next, and hopefully better fob but I am still happy.

Cool find congrats.

Digger I gotta say you musta been born a smart arse lol. I love your sayings. Still use the one about the pessimist -optimist. This last one had me chuckling. Congrats on the greenies and the fob. Looks like a good site . Good luck, Mark

Cool find congrats.

Thanks!

Digger I gotta say you musta been born a smart arse lol. I love your sayings. Still use the one about the pessimist -optimist. This last one had me chuckling. Congrats on the greenies and the fob. Looks like a good site . Good luck, Mark

TY!

Finding wheats in which you can read the date and mint location (if marked) is great! Sweet finds!

Unusually nice normal black dirt in a few spots in this lawn and the nice green ones came from there.
Most are pretty crusty and crunchy when I dig them in the red clay stuff.
Thanks!

8 wheats from the 20's to the 50's, a 1960 1 Franc coin, and a 1940 2 Aurar Kunungur Islands coin, Islands is Iceland in Icelandic.

Love the green ones.

View attachment 459385

View attachment 459386

View attachment 459387
View attachment 459388

View attachment 459389
View attachment 459390

Iceland coin! Cool, I've never seen one!

Nice greenies Digger! Your dirt is gentler on the wheats than the dirt here. I dug a green somewhat, disintegrating 1931 wheat two days ago, rang up 19 on the Nox!

Maybe no Silver this time Dave but you still on grounds old enough to find it. Congrats on the Wheat's, the Foreign Coins and your very first Fob. Trapper

I don't recall having seen an Icelandic coin before! I looked it up online, and found it interesting that WWII soldiers brought home jewelry made of these coins as souvenirs. Cool find! Nice job on the wheaties, too. :thumbsup:

Excellent work!

Thanks!

Iceland coin! Cool, I've never seen one!

Something different.

Nice greenies Digger! Your dirt is gentler on the wheats than the dirt here. I dug a green somewhat, disintegrating 1931 wheat two days ago, rang up 19 on the Nox!

Not all come up like this but these did.

Maybe no Silver this time Dave but you still on grounds old enough to find it. Congrats on the Wheat's, the Foreign Coins and your very first Fob. Trapper

Just a great day for a hunt, no matter what I find.

Nice greenies! Was hoping it wasn’t the band.

Thank you!

Nice hunt, congrats!

Tanks!

I love the green patina on old copper coins !

I think we all do, for some reason.

Nice greenies and that's a cool foreign coin.

Thanks, first Icelandic coin for me.

I don't recall having seen an Icelandic coin before! I looked it up online, and found it interesting that WWII soldiers brought home jewelry made of these coins as souvenirs. Cool find! Nice job on the wheaties, too. :thumbsup:

Yep, the locals used coins to make bracelets and other things which they sold to soldiers who then brought them home.
I find a lot of WWll stuff in the lawns around here.

I always love seeing that deep green patina - and the Icelandic coin is awesome! Cool, unique find!

Back
Top Bottom