Buying my 1st Detector

I second the Simplex+ from Notka Makro. The price is $339 and you get the wireless headset, it's waterproof to 10', has many good features and the company has a good reputation.
You'll have to wait a month before it arrives because it's new and just beginning to ship.

If you want it quicker, go to Nokta Makro web site and see a list of their dealers. call all the small ones. They have less lengthy pre-order wait list. I did that with my Nox 800 in March 2018 got it 3 days later. Same with the Simplex+, got it 2 days later. Big dealers have very long pre-order list and Nokta Makro is sending about the same number of units to each dealer, and not larger units to the big dealer. This keeps a lot of little dealers happy.

I just sent a ACE 300 back to the seller (NIB) bc it wouldn't do what I intend to use it for..Wet Salty Beach Sand. The AT Pro won't work either. I'm going to get the Simplex +which includes accessories for $339. W/O accessories it's $254. I need the headphones !!I've already got the other items to hunt...... i.e. The trowel, Garrett PP AT, a GP-PP, a SS sand scoop with a long handle, a plastic trowel and hand scoop, mechanics gloves, and a find bag altho I'm getting another type soon. After the holidays i will order the Simplex +. I'm 73,a Rookie,and want to work the beaches in and around Galveston,Tx.

Congrats on getting the Atp, you will need to use headphones for best results. The stock ones are loud though! I love my Atp. Works nice in the dirt but not so much in saltwater.
Happy detecting!

Back
Top Bottom