• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Hunt at a 1787, 1801, and 1857 houses today

That makes it exceptionally annoying! I almost completely avoid woods hunting because my coil hanging up on stubble makes me want to wrap my detector around a tree...

I avoid woods hunting because I can’t find anything but ticks, poison oak, beer cans and shotgun head stamps. It blows my mind seeing people actually finding coins in the woods.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Amazing to think that I lead tours @ places, here in CA, that are that old. And are "historic museum monuments". But back east: People have houses and barns that old, and think nothing of it !! :sissyfight:

Amazing to think that I lead tours @ places, here in CA, that are that old. And are "historic museum monuments". But back east: People have houses and barns that old, and think nothing of it !! :sissyfight:

Lol the farmer wants to tear them down

I avoid woods hunting because I can’t find anything but ticks, poison oak, beer cans and shotgun head stamps. It blows my mind seeing people actually finding coins in the woods.

I found an 1876 seated liberty dime love token in the woods and a gold fountain pen [emoji3]

I found an 1876 seated liberty dime love token in the woods and a gold fountain pen [emoji3]

Wow!! Did you research to see if there was a old home site there at one time?

Wow!! Did you research to see if there was a old home site there at one time?

No it was on the hill behind my house which was built in the 60s. There has been history here from the civil war though.

Yup, that place reeks of history. The good targets will likely be very deep so bring the big coil and shovel. Looking forward to seeing what you find there.

Honestly, it doesn't look that overgrown to me. Swinging in knee high weeds or plowing through undergrowth in the woods is all I know. I'd hit it right now as is....:yes:

Those houses look like a great place to hunt...fire up your weedeater and get a long extension cord for your window unit air conditioner:lol:

Oh man does that look like an amazing permission. Even if nothing much came out, that is a lovely spot!
Congrats on the permission and best of luck there in the winter!

Oh man does that look like an amazing permission. Even if nothing much came out, that is a lovely spot!
Congrats on the permission and best of luck there in the winter!

Thx!

Yup, that place reeks of history. The good targets will likely be very deep so bring the big coil and shovel. Looking forward to seeing what you find there.

Honestly, it doesn't look that overgrown to me. Swinging in knee high weeds or plowing through undergrowth in the woods is all I know. I'd hit it right now as is....:yes:

Besides the deep thick grass and the small tree stubbles it’s a real pain to get the coil 8” off the ground

Those houses look like a great place to hunt...fire up your weedeater and get a long extension cord for your window unit air conditioner:lol:

Lol

The permission looks to be great Vic but you may have to mow it before you can detect it. I did that last year on the permission that I dug my one and only Capped Bust Dime on. Trapper

Congrats on an awesome permission man!!! No doubt you will pull the goods out of there!!! We are running into the same issues with the vegetation being to long on some of our most promising sites.

Back
Top Bottom