Brass block looking thing.

mepot

Elite Member
Found this in a park today,don't have any idea what it is?It is very heavy,I think its brass,and the pin slides in the hole through the center.Could it possibly be an electrical something???

Attachments

• 62808whatsit.JPG
    62808whatsit.JPG
    26.3 KB · Views: 323
  • 62808whatsit2.JPG
    62808whatsit2.JPG
    47.2 KB · Views: 329
Interesting find, Mepot!

BTSOM!!

Looks like some kind of clip went on the end of the rod.

Can you get a couple of shots from other angles??

Thanks,
Char

OH NO!,went to get some more pics,and my camera is acting up.

It is solid and very heavy,gotta get cam working!!!

The groove around the rod reminds me of something that a c-clip would snap around to limit the travel of the pin. Possibly a latch mechanism of some kind? Either way, brass isn't cheap.

a couple more pics

Any more guesses?

Attachments

• 62808whatsit3.JPG
    62808whatsit3.JPG
    31 KB · Views: 289
  • 62808whatsit4.JPG
    62808whatsit4.JPG
    30.3 KB · Views: 275
Looks like an old lock for something like a locker, file cabinet, safe, and such. The faceplate with the keyhole might have gone on the front. Maybe not.

this may be stupid but i was watching an episode of "survivorman" where he had a devce that acted like a piston you put some dry grass or tinder then hit the little pen looking thing making an ember to start a fire i dought thats what it is but it resembles it

this may be stupid but i was watching an episode of "survivorman" where he had a devce that acted like a piston you put some dry grass or tinder then hit the little pen looking thing making an ember to start a fire i dought thats what it is but it resembles it

Don't do anything that guy does on the show. I don't think he's right in the head.:lol:

Wow that's a stumper mepot. I have no clue what it is.

Does the pin sit tight or does the brass thing spin around it?

Back
Top Bottom