Bald Eagle Feather?

Westernlegend1

Moved On
Gift From Heaven
During our recent trip we were in the mountains and pulled over by a lake where I took more photos. While outside the car I spotted this large feather laying on the road. I picked it up and thought this came from a big bird. Seeing as how the lake must have some good fishing, I was wondering if the feather happened to have come from a Bald Eagle. What do you folks think? Any bird experts out there?
Photos Included:​
Two photos of the feather and one of the lake where i found it.

Attachments

• lake.jpg
    lake.jpg
    37.3 KB · Views: 345
Beautiful lake picture!

I don't know about the feather, but I believe it used to be illegal to have anything from a Bald Eagle in your possession.

Feather

Beautiful Pics love that area of Montana as for the feather after dressing hundreds of them it looks like a flight feather off a canadian goose and if it is a bald eagle feather dont get caught with it God bless adn great hunting. CNR Idaho

I agree with the others... looks like a goose feather; and bald eagle parts are illegal to own! Unless you are a certain percent of a certain tribe, of course.

must be cause they even confiscated your pictures! :D i can only see the pic of the lake

I can only see the picture of the lake. Very nice lake, by the way. I have to agree with everyone else about it being illegal to possess bald eagle feathers, but if you find one on the shore, it's hard to not take. When I was 9 or 10 I'd find tons on the shore of the lake I lived on. There were 3 or 4 families of them around the lake and they'd leave feathers all over the place.

Back
Top Bottom