indian head with almost no patina?

wyoming hunter

Elite Member
so a couple days ago i found an indian head penny no biggie but the weird thing is one side is completely clean no patina, the other has little patina but not as mutch as you'd think there to be? does this happen often?

Attachments

• indian002.jpg
    indian002.jpg
    149.8 KB · Views: 212
  • indian001.jpg
    indian001.jpg
    157.4 KB · Views: 215
i cant believe theirs no patina i mean even coppers from like the 60s have patina. i just dont know

Maybe there's been something in the ground that caused a sort of 'natural electrolysis'. Look at the pic below. Especially the 6 coins grouped side by side. I found them partially on top of each other. The smaller two are aluminium-bronze and the other 4 have 30% silver content. You can see that the coins have corroded very little and some parts of these coins are quite bright. And these coins were in the ground for just 40 years or so.

Voriax

Attachments

• olli.JPG
    olli.JPG
    72.3 KB · Views: 211
i think the man who owned this house before was a coin collector. mabe he dropped it. that would be cool if he dropped like a revolutionary coin.lol

ive found several good looking IH cents that look like they where just dropped,have also found a large cent or 2 with basically no corrosion or patina...the ground has alot to do with it i reckon.

Back
Top Bottom