Fisher F75LTD-DST Locked On Like A Pit Bull Dog

beephead

Elite Member
I didn't think that I was going to have a good day at all. I headed out this morning to a new site, but when I got there I decided that I would need the protection of a SEAL team to feel even halfway safe. Super bad area.

I got the hell out of there and went back to a site that I had already detected a few days earlier. There wasn't much left there, so I left for another site.

When I got to the new site I started off by finding a wheat penny that was nearly on top of the ground under a huge pine tree. I worked around the pine tree some and got a loud high audio tone and a VDI number of 30.

No matter how I moved the search coil about the VDI number wouldn't budge off of 30 and the high audio tone remained steady. I new it had to be something good. I dug down about 2 inches and popped a man's 14k gold wedding band. My second gold ring in the same amount of days. Happy happy happy.

My settings: 9.0, 0 discrimination, 4H audio tone, DE mode, and full sensitivity. It was running really quiet even close the power lines.

beephead

F75LTD-2%20Gold%20Ring%20001_zpsegmekwnz.jpg

F75LTD-2%20Gold%20Ring%20007_zpsn9jvjskq.jpg

F75LTD-2%20Gold%20Ring%20015_zps1rnerhdx.jpg

Congratulations on the sweet gold ring! The gold ring that I found hit hard like that too but was only 10k. A sound that I'll never forget. :D

Beauty Gold! You always seem to manage a nice little stack of it every year!

You are living right on the edge there Brother...good on ya for staying aware of the situation...I know you used to fight and could probably hold your own, heck, probably get us some pictures after, and do a post about it even, which would be great of course, a couple knocked out reprobates that decided to jump you, but still...it would cut into your hunting time, unless of course one of them was wearing a big gold chain..:laughing:
Mud

Nice! Gold!!! I'm still waiting to find my first gold!

Thanks. Don't worry it always happens when you least expect it.

Congratulations on the sweet gold ring! The gold ring that I found hit hard like that too but was only 10k. A sound that I'll never forget. :D

Thanks. They have a audio tone that's unforgettable. I can almost always tell a gold ring from a pull tab, but I can't tell a pull tab from a gold ring.

Two Days ...Two gold rings. That is how it's done.

Thanks. I stayed home today, because I didn't want to find them all and not have some for later.:laughing:

You're on fire! Congrats on another gold!

Thanks. I probably won't find another one for awhile since I usually don't average but around 6 a year. Finding gold rings in the dirt is harder than some people know.

beephead

I got an F70 with no DST and sometimes hunt on high settings so quiet...not so much.
Still, I have learned the language and behavior and know full well that no matter what us going on when this thing is swinging over something good it always seems to stop all the crazy behavior tell me and it has done it time and time again.

CongratZ on the gold...Fishers seem to be able to find that metal surprisingly well in my experience...and yours.

Beauty Gold! You always seem to manage a nice little stack of it every year!

You are living right on the edge there Brother...good on ya for staying aware of the situation...I know you used to fight and could probably hold your own, heck, probably get us some pictures after, and do a post about it even, which would be great of course, a couple knocked out reprobates that decided to jump you, but still...it would cut into your hunting time, unless of course one of them was wearing a big gold chain..:laughing:
Mud

Thanks. The other day I was shadow boxing. I was throwing jabs, overhand right hands, ripping left hooks and bouncing all over the place while ducking and bending. I could tell that I still had plenty of punch left in those fist, but after a minute or so, I was completely winded and the next morning when I got up I felt like I had been hit by a Mack truck. I was sore all over!

The biggest problem is someone walking up behind you and hitting you over the head with something or a gang of them walk up on you under the pretense of just being interested in what you're doing. Neither one is a good thing.

My Ruger LC9 lets me go a little more into to the grey areas. Even if I did managed to shoot one of them my day and life would be ruined, so it's best for me to try and stay clear of those bad situations.

beephead

I got an F70 with no DST and sometimes hunt on high settings so quiet...not so much.
Still, I have learned the language and behavior and know full well that no matter what us going on when this thing is swinging over something good it always seems to stop all the crazy behavior tell me and it has done it time and time again.

CongratZ on the gold...Fishers seem to be able to find that metal surprisingly well in my experience...and yours.

Thanks. Before I got the DST upgrade on my F75 I could only use my Vaquero, G2 or modded Cibola at this site. My other detectors would shake rattle and row from the super high EMI. My testing and experience tell me to always dig steady VDI numbers that are in gold range. Heck, I dig most everything anyway at certain locations.

beephead

Congrats on finding another turf gold! Amazing!

Last year, a few of my buddies and I ventured into some real bad areas on Los Angeles. We loaded up on the old coins, and only had a couple situations that really didn't amount to anything....strength in numbers helps! I never would have gone to any of the spots by myself.

HH,
Raphis
Dan

Great gold, and good on you for following your gut and leaving where it probably wasn't a great idea to be out there. A little gold isn't worth it. A lot of gold maybe LOL. Great ring!

Back
Top Bottom