Colonial relics and silver!!

hellgrammite123

I have been busy lately and have not had alot of time to post. Been detecting with metalmaniac-ny lately at our permission spot and watching him dig some of those coins is crazy! I went back to the same field and found an area that was not frozen. Otherwise you would have to dig through about 3 - 4 inches of frozen tundra to get to anything diggable.

Managed a few things yesterday before the storm. Got a high signal and 8 inches deep i can see the silver edge of a coin.....1912 barber dime!!! First silver of the year. Was hoping a little older but i will take it. Found a few colonial buttons, both being in the 1700's. One is a tombac but without the shank and the other is pewter with a flower design and a large shank.

Also got what i think is a musket ball?? It looks to be cut in half and feel heavy like lead and comes up on the detector as lead. Not totally sure if it is but its in an area that finding musket balls is possible.

With very little snow from this blizzard im hoping to get out again this coming week since temps will crack freezing a few times.

Good luck everyone and happy hunting!!

Attachments

• musket ball other side.jpg
    musket ball other side.jpg
    51 KB · Views: 163
  • musket ball.jpg
    musket ball.jpg
    50.9 KB · Views: 166
  • dug pewter button.jpg
    dug pewter button.jpg
    87 KB · Views: 161
  • buttons back.jpg
    buttons back.jpg
    55.3 KB · Views: 165
  • buttons front.jpg
    buttons front.jpg
    47.3 KB · Views: 167
  • barber dime front.jpg
    barber dime front.jpg
    46.6 KB · Views: 166
  • barber dime back.jpg
    barber dime back.jpg
    46.5 KB · Views: 167
  • dime in hole.jpg
    dime in hole.jpg
    115 KB · Views: 167
I know I recently dug a perfect 1/2 of a lead ball, but can't figure out what it is. From a very old site, too.

That smaller button; would like to see what others have to say about it...age and whatnot.

Nice hunt for END of JANUARY! in the northeast :)

Nice finds Matt!!!! Oldest silver coin we have gotten from there! 8 Coopers and colonial relics.....hmmmm What else might be hiding there! Cant wait to find out!

Here are some coppers found there.....

Attachments

• 1810 Classic Bust LC.jpg
    1810 Classic Bust LC.jpg
    51.1 KB · Views: 142
  • 1734 KG II Front.jpg
    1734 KG II Front.jpg
    93.2 KB · Views: 140
Back
Top Bottom