1st Silver with V3i

sataro

Forum Supporter
Decided to sneak a little hunt time in before dark. Luckily there is an old community center about a mile from me. My main reason that I wanted to hunt was to figure out how to change the settings on the V3i. I had hunted this past weekend & I was not used to the way this detector was configured. I bought it used so it had the program's modified already. I was not used to hearing the different tones going off. I decided I wanted to set the coin & jewelry program back to the factory setting. It would have been easier if I had read the instructions first but I'm bad about not reading, just trial & error method. Got the detector reprogrammed & started hunting. Only had about 20 minutes before it got dark. Dug a few trash items & then I got a nice bip. VDI & icon locked on quarter signal. Each way I turned, signal stayed locked on. Depth read 6 1/2". Started digging & out came my first silver for 2016. I'm probably loosing some depth by taking off the hot modifications but I feel I need to take time to learn this machine & gradually add my own mods as I learn what works for me.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    72.5 KB · Views: 396
That's a good first silver.
I started hunting with the V3i a few months ago and really just getting the hang of changing the settings.
Are you OK with the factory recovery delay in the coin and jewelry mode? I have found in trashy areas that I needed to shorten the delay to separate the signals, even with the 4x6 coil.

The Whites forum has a V3 section that is very helpful too.

Congrats on finding such a nice coin for your 1st silver of 2016!

Gosh, just imagine what you will find once you become more proficient with your new machine!

HH,
Raphis
Dan

Nice find. I use a V3i also. If I were you I'd reset the detector to factory settings to get rid of any changes the previous owner may have made, this way you're not running programs which are tuned for their region of the country. The biggest depth increases I've found are running single 2.5 Freq. (for coins), and bumping up the RX gain and Disc sens. Doing this will add several inches of depth over the stock coin programs. They might seem difficult at first but most settings are for personal preference such as colors, tones, displays, etc., while only a few settings directly effect performance such as the disc settings, sensitivity settings, and recovery settings.

Back
Top Bottom