To Hell With The Witch!

beephead

Elite Member
I headed out early to my high hopes corner lot site in order to beat the heat. There was a heavy dew, so I decided to work the grassy area between the sidewalk and curb first. When I got almost to the end I heard someone yelling at me. When I looked up I saw a girl standing in her driveway at the house next door. I couldn't hear what she was saying so I dropped my headphones and headed her way. She said, do people just let you detect their yards? I replied, yeah, I get permission from the owners. She told me that she has seen me at a bunch of yards detecting. She said the reason that she asked is because her mother used to detect before she passed away and she still has her metal detectors. At this point, I was wanting two things from this girl, permission to detect her yard and to take a look at those metal detectors. She was late for something, so she put my name and number in her IPhone and said she would call me later after she found the metal detectors.

Anyway I got back to detecting and cornered a 1936 Washington quarter. Then right next to silver quarter I pulled a wheat penny and memorial. I little over a foot from where I found the first silver quarter I found a 1959 Washington quarter. Someone must of had taken a tumble and lost those coins out of their pockets.

The owner of the home came out and asked me how I was doing. I told him about the silver coins and also that I found a boy scout neckerchief scarf slide. I remember him telling me that he was a boy scout and that they met at the church across the street. He said that must be mine, so I gave it to him and that made him happy as could be.

I told him that I was just cherry picking because I didn't want to mess up his grass. He told me every thing look good to him and for me to dig all that I wanted to.

The owner heads back into the house and the home inspector for the buyers shows up and I make friends with him. He said he tried detecting but he never had any luck. About this time the owner comes back out and the home inspector comments on how nice his grass is and said you must have had a tree removed over there where the wood chips are. The owner said that he had a old magnolia tree removed. I said oh boy, because those trees attract silver coins for some reason. The home inspectors said that it's because kids used to play under them and climbed on the low limbs. That makes sense!

The home owner asked the inspector how long it would before he would be through with his inspection. He said that he'd be though by no latter than 11:00 o'clock. He decides to leave and ask whoever of the two of us is the last to leave to lock the back gate with the padlock.

I get back to detecting and unearth a 1963 Rosie dime and find a 1942 foreign coin. That foreign coin sounded like another silver quarter, but it wasn't to be. I was on a roll and it's only 9:00 o'clock and I've only covered about a third of the yard. Another 6+ coin day easily.

This car drives up and a lady gets out and ask me what I'm doing. I told her that I'm detecting the yard and ask who she was. She snaps back at me and ask me my name, so I told her. I also informed her that I had permission to detect the yard. She informs me that she's the buyer's agent and that the owner had better rethink about letting me detect the yard and removing stuff from it because this house is under contract.

I told her that I've around the block a few times and know a few things since I'm a retired real estate agent/builder/land developer. I was getting ready to read this rude agent the riot act when I saw the buyers drive up and decided to bite my tongue instead. I said hi to the young couple who will be closing on the house in two weeks and wished them well in their soon to be home.

I said that I'm though here and I'm headed for the house. I'll go back and finish up the rest of the yard before the house is transferred. That dumb agent doesn't know the difference between 'real' property and 'personal' property. Coins are 'personal' property. Most agents that I've ever met are real airheads. There are exceptions but they're few and far between.

beephead

Attachments

• IMG_1839.jpg
    IMG_1839.jpg
    154.9 KB · Views: 893
  • IMG_1841.jpg
    IMG_1841.jpg
    84.4 KB · Views: 847
  • IMG_1842.jpg
    IMG_1842.jpg
    157.6 KB · Views: 872
  • IMG_1843.jpg
    IMG_1843.jpg
    63.7 KB · Views: 875
  • IMG_1845.jpg
    IMG_1845.jpg
    142.7 KB · Views: 864
  • IMG_1846.jpg
    IMG_1846.jpg
    81.7 KB · Views: 863
  • IMG_1848.jpg
    IMG_1848.jpg
    69 KB · Views: 863
  • IMG_1850.jpg
    IMG_1850.jpg
    57 KB · Views: 851
  • IMG_1853.jpg
    IMG_1853.jpg
    61.7 KB · Views: 864
  • IMG_1856.jpg
    IMG_1856.jpg
    55.2 KB · Views: 847
You have the luck of the Irish in that coin find. I never tire of reading your threads. I can only imagine for finding silver as often as you do. Thanks for sharing.

I headed out early to my high hopes corner lot site in order to beat the heat. There was a heavy dew, so I decided to work the grassy area between the sidewalk and curb first. When I got almost to the end I heard someone yelling at me. When I looked up I saw a girl standing in her driveway at the house next door. I couldn't hear what she was saying so I dropped my headphones and headed her way. She said, do people just let you detect their yards? I replied, yeah, I get permission from the owners. She told me that she has seen me at a bunch of yards detecting. She said the reason that she asked is because her mother used to detect before she passed away and she still has her metal detectors. At this point, I was wanting two things from this girl, permission to detect her yard and to take a look at those metal detectors. She was late for something, so she put my name and number in her IPhone and said she would call me later after she found the metal detectors.

Anyway I got back to detecting and cornered a 1936 Washington quarter. Then right next to silver quarter I pulled a wheat penny and memorial. I little over a foot from where I found the first silver quarter I found a 1959 Washington quarter. Someone must of had taken a tumble and lost those coins out of their pockets.

The owner of the home came out and asked me how I was doing. I told him about the silver coins and also that I found a boy scout neckerchief scarf slide. I remember him telling me that he was a boy scout and that they met at the church across the street. He said that must be mine, so I gave it to him and that made him happy as could be.

I told him that I was just cherry picking because I didn't want to mess up his grass. He told me every thing look good to him and for me to dig all that I wanted to.

The owner heads back into the house and the home inspector for the buyers shows up and I make friends with him. He said he tried detecting but he never had any luck. About this time the owner comes back out and the home inspector comments on how nice his grass is and said you must have had a tree removed over there where the wood chips are. The owner said that he had a old magnolia tree removed. I said oh boy, because those trees attract silver coins for some reason. The home inspectors said that it's because kids used to play under them and climbed on the low limbs. That makes sense!

The home owner asked the inspector how long it would before he would be through with his inspection. He said that he'd be though by no latter than 11:00 o'clock. He decides to leave and ask whoever of the two of us is the last to leave to lock the back gate with the padlock.

I get back to detecting and unearth a 1963 Rosie dime and find a 1942 foreign coin. That foreign coin sounded like another silver quarter, but it wasn't to be. I was on a roll and it's only 9:00 o'clock and I've only covered about a third of the yard. Another 6+ coin day easily.

This car drives up and a lady gets out and ask me what I'm doing. I told her that I'm detecting the yard and ask who she was. She snaps back at me and ask me my name, so I told her. I also informed her that I had permission to detect the yard. She informs me that she's the buyer's agent and that the owner had better rethink about letting me detect the yard and removing stuff from it because this house is under contract.

I told her that I've around the block a few times and know a few things since I'm a retired real estate agent/builder/land developer. I was getting ready to read this rude agent the riot act when I saw the buyers drive up and decided to bite my tongue instead. I said hi to the young couple who will be closing on the house in two weeks and wished them well in their soon to be home.

I said that I'm though here and I'm headed for the house. I'll go back and finish up the rest of the yard before the house is transferred. That dumb agent doesn't know the difference between 'real' property and 'personal' property. Coins are 'personal' property. Most agents that I've ever met are real airheads. There are exceptions but they're few and far between.

beephead

NAh... She probably just didn't want anything to screw up her commission. LOL

But, aside from how you handled it (well, might I add), you could always get her a broom.

:)

Congrats with the great hunt! I have that same foreign coin, but I think mine is either 1943 or 45. I'll have to go through my finds and locate it. I believe it's a coin from Ireland, if memory serves me right.

Sweet!

Nice score on the silver! There are people here who still prospect in the mountains for silver but you prove that it can be found every day in the right setting!

Nice story, and congrats on the finds! How did things go with the neighbor girl?

You have the luck of the Irish in that coin find. I never tire of reading your threads. I can only imagine for finding silver as often as you do. Thanks for sharing.
Thanks! Being able to get private yards to detect makes it easy.

Nice! Pick it clean before it's sold.... ;)
Thanks! I'll probably just finish up quickly by cherry picking.

NAh... She probably just didn't want anything to screw up her commission. LOL

But, aside from how you handled it (well, might I add), you could always get her a broom.

:)
I totally have zero respect for the majority of real estate agents. She was just a nasty hateful person.

Congrats with the great hunt! I have that same foreign coin, but I think mine is either 1943 or 45. I'll have to go through my finds and locate it. I believe it's a coin from Ireland, if memory serves me right.
Thanks! Yeah it's a Irish coin.

Nice score on the silver! There are people here who still prospect in the mountains for silver but you prove that it can be found every day in the right setting!
Thanks! You and I working together can total wipeout a yard site of silver coins.

Nice hunt beep! Hope your able to get back there when she's gone.
Thanks! It's not really a big deal to me since I can get plenty of permissions. Here in month or so my tomato crop will be coming in and I'll use them to even more permissions. People love getting a sack full of home grown tomatoes.

Nice finds!!! Get it while you can.
Thanks! I need some rest!

Great write up and finds!
Thanks! Someone awhile back wanted to me to get a video of a pit bull attacking me. LOL

Nice story, and congrats on the finds! How did things go with the neighbor girl?
Thanks! I haven't heard back from her. I suspect It will take awhile for her to gather up the detectors and find time to meet with me. You just never know what she might have.

beephead

Last edited:

Yup, Ireland penny. Nice find!

You are definitely on a roll lately. Keep up the good work and the great reports. I wish I had people stopping me to detect there yards.

Yup, Ireland penny. Nice find!
Thanks! I wonder how one that old got lost in that yard? Every once in awhile I find a Indian head penny and other neat older stuff because before the 50's subdivision was put in the land was a old plantation.

You are definitely on a roll lately. Keep up the good work and the great reports. I wish I had people stopping me to detect there yards.
Thanks! If you work an area long enough one permission will lead to another. People are curious by nature. You just have to be nice and pleasant when you talk with them.

Great finds! What case is on your deus?
Thanks! Another member recommended it to me. It ships from the Ukraine by someone named anreyle on EBay.
Always enjoy reading your posts!!
Thanks! I'm taking the day off from detecting to get some needed rest. If I don't go tomorrow I may be off for a few days because it looks like rain is headed my way for the weekend and I have doctor's appointment for a checkup Monday.

beephead

Beephead, you should have given the agent one of your keychain flashlights as a gift and tell her she could use it like a headlight if she was flying her broom at night

Beephead, you should have given the agent one of your keychain flashlights as a gift and tell her she could use it like a headlight if she was flying her broom at night

LOL! I second this post!! Beephead congrats on your goodies and I too never tire from your threads sir! It's nice that people have a way with other people and words as you do! Happy Hunting! Thanks for sharing!

MetalHead

Nice haul and interesting post . I have to question if any burried finds would be considered personal property as the items were lost by unknown persons . All the contracts I have signed , anything that was not included had to be listed . The contract can only be changed by both parties and is in effect at the signing . The property is considered to include above and below ground unless , mineral ,gas rights or anything else is excluded . Since I doubt he stated that he was going to let someone come dig and keep any finds on the property in the contract, he is in the wrong . Think of it this way , the seller signed a contract , the seller , the buyer and you are present at the home you dig up a 10 lb gold bar , who gets to keep it ?? :lol:

Back
Top Bottom