• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Deus Pulls a Couple of High Caliber Coins Last Couple of Hunts.....

CZconnoisseur

Have been taking advantage of the soft ground and getting to areas of a couple of parks with easier digging! Have also been using Reactivity 1 and also Reactivity 2.5 depending on the "trash quotient" - sometimes it's a rewarding venture but I felt obligated to show the mountain of junk targets dug in order to get the coins I did! :shock:

I went to an area that has given up a lot of Barber dimes in the past, and set Reactivity 1 and Silencer 2, using 4kHz. Not long into the hunt I had a faint but repeatable blip...got down to the 9" level to see a crisp 1900 Barber dime, and just a couple inches away, and shallower, was a wadded-up ball of foil. Concentrated in a 10-ft square in this area and also pulled a deep 1910 Wheat after a while. Went on to get a few more Wheats from a different area that were mixed in with aluminum, using 00-50 Notch which takes care of much of the junk - funny thing too, is that deep nickels will indicate higher than a 50 VDI in 4khz, but shallow nickels only read 34-38 VDI :?:

The next hunt, Thursday; I would get my coil over a clay-laden patch of soil that didn't give up its coins without a considerable fight! Found the 1909 S Wheat in about 8" of this clay soil, and closeby were a couple of beavertails that flanked this coin, hiding it from others....
Two feet from this a 9" deep Indian would breathe fresh air in over 100 years of being buried, and then just a little later a nice 1902 O Barber dime from the same depth came up....this place just keeps on giving! :yes:

Getting out tomorrow with the MI-6 pinpointer, I'm looking forward to this pinpointer drastically cutting down recovery time, since many signals I dig end up being very shallow foil....time will tell!:p

Attachments

• SAM_3171.jpg
    SAM_3171.jpg
    49.9 KB · Views: 441
  • SAM_3170.jpg
    SAM_3170.jpg
    58.1 KB · Views: 415
  • SAM_3172.jpg
    SAM_3172.jpg
    52.8 KB · Views: 411
  • SAM_3173.jpg
    SAM_3173.jpg
    50.6 KB · Views: 422
  • SAM_3175.jpg
    SAM_3175.jpg
    53.6 KB · Views: 393
  • SAM_3176.jpg
    SAM_3176.jpg
    63.5 KB · Views: 398
  • SAM_3169.jpg
    SAM_3169.jpg
    63.1 KB · Views: 400
  • SAM_3177.jpg
    SAM_3177.jpg
    50.9 KB · Views: 390
Nice tribe you've got there! An of course the barbers! I wonder if the Indians went on a war path and scared the others away? I've yet to dig a barber! So far two Rosie's and two Mercs here!! Anyhow happy Hunting to you! Congrats on your finds!!

MetalHead

Last edited:
Iron, foil and pulltabs, that looks like one of my hunts:lol:
Congratulations on the Barber twins and all those injuns.

Nice finds but Im baffled by all the iron especially using 4khz. I understand the foil but I rarely dig iron. You must dig a lot of really sketchy signals

Nice going Taylor!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That's just totally awesome. How about posting the total settings that you use for your deep coin program. Why use notch rather than discrimination?

beephead

Huh... At 4khz, I would have expected the VDI of the nickels to be much lower than what you were seeing. I had a white paper somewhere that explains how the Deus calculated VDI. I should re-read it.

Those are some nice coins! I used to live in Colorado Springs but I never went detecting there. I find a lot of old stuff here but it is rare to find a good silver coin.

Back
Top Bottom