returned wedding ring

Truli

Yesterday I drove to a local freshwater beach that is popular for the fourth of July, hoping to try my first beach hunt. I got to the beach early and got my gear ready. I hadn't made it three steps from my truck when a gentleman approached me and said his daughter (or daughter in law) had lost a ring the previous day.

I offered to help them find it and he took me down the beach to where he thought they had been the day before. His family showed up later and we determined we were off on our location by about 2 blocks :p

We moved back down the beach and got to work. I searched the grassy area where they had been sitting with no luck. We then moved to the sand where their kids had been building sandcastles. I was a bit worried because the beach had been drug early in the morning before I got there.

I gridded off the area and started searching. They had brought a rake with them and had raked the area where they thought they were playing, which really made it easy to keep track of the area we were searching. I got a good solid hit in the gold range that wasn't very deep and...pull tab!

The very next signal was just a couple of swings further, same range and out popped the ring. Needless to say, everyone (me included) was pretty excited. It took about 45 minutes of searching to find it, and I think they had about given up.

The pictures are below, the picture of the ring they sent me after, because in the excitement I forgot to get one of the ring. All in all it was one of the better days detecting for me!

Attachments

• Mikes Iphone pics 196.jpg
    Mikes Iphone pics 196.jpg
    92.1 KB · Views: 607
  • Mikes Iphone pics 197.jpg
    Mikes Iphone pics 197.jpg
    31.5 KB · Views: 605
Nice

I hope my 1st gold ring is a returner too!!! Still looking.............

Awesome job on the ring return!!

I hope major Karma points are heading your way!!

Thank you for helping to put our hobby into a positive light! Good Job!!:thumbsup:

Great story thanks for sharing! Loved the 'good signal... pulltab!" part :)

Back
Top Bottom