Sometimes its junk and sometimes its not

georgeinsc

Elite Member
This morning was a junk day. Got to the beach at dead low tide to find that the surf was Extremely Rough and the NE wind was pushing the water much further up the beach than normal.

Hit a few coins and the rain started. I retreated to shelter till the rain quit and back to swinging. Picked up a TC ring. It was a momentary thrill.

Then the rain started in earnest. Pouring rain and the wind blowing hard enough that the drops stung when they hit bare skin.

So I retreated to the vehicle and then headed home. 30 miles of pouring rain and when I arrived at my house it was not raining.

I frequently find car keys that folks have lost at the beach. Today it was a remote for a BMW. It was quite deep In the wet sand.

How do people get home when they leave their keys or remote in the sand.

Attachments

• DSC01057.JPG
    DSC01057.JPG
    162.3 KB · Views: 321
  • DSC01056.JPG
    DSC01056.JPG
    160.6 KB · Views: 309
How do people get home when they leave their keys or remote in the sand.
I guess they call someone to bring them a spare. The weather has been miserable here today as well.

I guess they call someone to bring them a spare. The weather has been miserable here today as well.

We get lots of tourists on that beach. On a nice summer day there may be as many as 25 thousand people on that beach. Every rental on the island will be rented and there are more rentals than year round homes

You wouldn't believe how many of those remotes I find on key rings while diving. Why they swim with them and cell phones in their pockets I have no clue. Probably drunk.

Back
Top Bottom