1936 Westinghouse Token

Barefoot

Elite Member
I was able to get about an hour of detecting in today and other than a few modern clad coins I found this Westinghouse advertising token that dates from 1936. I now have another interesting conversation piece to add to my collection. Has anyone else found tokens like this?

Attachments

• Westinghouse Token Front.jpg
    Westinghouse Token Front.jpg
    82.9 KB · Views: 331
  • Westinghouse Token Back.jpg
    Westinghouse Token Back.jpg
    77.2 KB · Views: 334
Great find, Barefoot! I'm a big fan of tokens, and that's a fine one! I love the history that tokens often represent, and the uniqueness of them. I enjoy finding old coins, but the reality is, Mercs and even Barber dimes get found all the time - you may never find another Westinghouse Golden Jubilee token again, though!

It looks like Westinghouse celebrated their 50th "Golden" anniversary by putting out the "Golden Jubilee" refrigerator. Here's a link to the entry in the Token Catalog database for your token with some more info and pictures of old advertisements:

Tokencatalog.com: Westinghouse Golden Jubilee token

Not yes, but hell YES ! AWESOME token. Never saw one before but now high on my list. Great save. I am a big George Westinghouse fan. He started his airbrake co. here in Pittsburgh. There is a nice monument to him in a city park here that was built and payed for by his employees. Whats that say? When he passed away his body was sent back to N.Y for burial, his pallbearers paid their own way to N.Y. Phenomenal guy. Great documentary on Prime and I think on youtube as well, Just google Westinghouse. Again sweet save. HH Mark

Not yes, but hell YES ! AWESOME token. Never saw one before but now high on my list. Great save. I am a big George Westinghouse fan. He started his airbrake co. here in Pittsburgh. There is a nice monument to him in a city park here that was built and payed for by his employees. Whats that say? When he passed away his body was sent back to N.Y for burial, his pallbearers paid their own way to N.Y. Phenomenal guy. Great documentary on Prime and I think on youtube as well, Just google Westinghouse. Again sweet save. HH Mark

I agree... Westinghouse certainty left a great legacy. He was a pioneer in what we know today as our electrical distribution system. I worked in the electrical field and was all the time coming across products made by Westinghouse.

Nice save! We have a big Westinghouse operation here in blairsville Pennsylvania..Big building and alot of people work there..couldnt tell ya what they do there, but it's been there forever

I was able to get about an hour of detecting in today and other than a few modern clad coins I found this Westinghouse advertising token that dates from 1936. I now have another interesting conversation piece to add to my collection. Has anyone else found tokens like this?

Nice dig!

Back
Top Bottom