600 nox on the beach

bxlarry

I mostly detect on the beaches in south florida. I found plenty of coins but not gold or silver. I mostly detect in multi frequency. Any suggestions would ber appreciated.

I don't know how to post links with my phone here but there are several extremely useful articles and posts written on this forum that hopefully someone can link. One by Tom I have saved and reread occasionally. Definitely keep detecting in multi though.

I mostly detect on the beaches in south florida. I found plenty of coins but not gold or silver. I mostly detect in multi frequency. Any suggestions would ber appreciated.

I don't think I can give you much advice. This was my first year fresh water hunting with my 600. I made about 10 trips this year. I did not find any gold, but I did manage to find two small 925 children's rings. Also a couple heart stoppers. They were titanium and aircraft aluminum. Boy they look good in my scoop!

Since it was freshwater I ran in park mode. I also only use two tones since I dig everything while I was at the beach. It is just a matter of swinging over the right targets. Do not get discouraged check out some YouTube videos. Here is a guy out of Texas named crusty clad that salt water hunts and uses the 600. I am a subscriber of his channel. If you ask a question on his videos he is very good at getting back to you soon. Hope this helps.

https://youtu.be/PRM8QKK3g14

1 and 2 can be gold chains
I would dig low numbers for gold up to 14
I did find a gold men's band at 21(penny)

My advice is get in the water if your not already. Rarely did I ever find gold on the sand, once I hit the water it all changed.

I found a ladies yellow 10K at a old home site in the dirt that rang in at 11/12. Good advice OBN by getting in the water. Hands get cold skin shrinks and things slip off.

1's and 2's on the Nox can be foil as well. Pretty sad to dream about some nice gold links coming up to only end up chasing a piece of foil around the sand :laughing:

I hunt in the same areas. M/F will find gold. A good way to ensure your detector is working or tuned properly is to start your hunt by scanning a test ring.

As you are probably well aware, Florida has thousands of detectorists that live here as well as thousands more that come down for the winter. They hunt morning, noon, and night. So, its probably less about your detector and more about finding the target before your competition.

Attachments

• secret spot.jpg
    secret spot.jpg
    106.1 KB · Views: 340
The other aspect about it is conditions.... no matter what machine you have u may not get to the good stuff..... so it’s helter skelter hunting.... plain dumb luck

Back
Top Bottom