How much spendable money did we find in 2012? Currently at $46,746.23 NEW RECORD!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
You expect me to count that? Nickels, dimes, pennies, quarters.
coins3.JPG
It weighed over twenty-three pounds the last time I weighed it.

Here's my meager amount (covers June to December) as I wasn't keeping track the first half of the year. I'll have a better total next year.

$13,424.69 + 38.64 = 13,463.33

Just out of interest how much of the finds in monetary terms is still spendable?

All of it is still spendable! We clean them up a bit and then put them back into circulation. Next time you get a black quarter in change, you'll know it came from one of us!

To add to what daddydigger said, all (or most at least) US coins minted are still legal tender. The numbers you are seeing accumulate here are for "clad" or everyday coins. I don't think most of us include our older coins like Indian Head Pennies or Buffalo Nickels or Silver dimes and quarters in this count.

To add to what daddydigger said, all (or most at least) US coins minted are still legal tender. The numbers you are seeing accumulate here are for "clad" or everyday coins. I don't think most of us include our older coins like Indian Head Pennies or Buffalo Nickels or Silver dimes and quarters in this count.

Yep. I don't count any wheats, IH or any coin I want to keep. I also do not count absolutely mangled coins that have no chance of making it through the coin counter. In fact, I'm thinking about posting a mini-gallery of my mangled coin finds.

And now.....back to the thread total amount!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom