Bounty Hunter Tracker IV question

Digg'n

I'm digging way to much aluminum. I can tell the difference on the pull tabs but if I find a big enough piece of a can then it will make a high tone like coin. I'm running the machine in tone mode with sensitivity at 3 and disc at 10. Any different setting to put it on? I'm new to this and hunted most of the weekend. Got my detector Friday. I have eliminated the iron/steel but frustrated with the aluminum. Thanks

Can slaw as we call it is hard to tell sometimes. One thing you can do to eliminate digging the big stuff is raise your coil 4-5 inches off the ground, if the signal is still solid and loud, it is probably a very big item. Just get to know the machine and you will be able to pick out the sounds. Believe it or not there are very subtle differences to the way different items sound. It's not just tone. Pitch, intensity, and other little things can help you out after many hours on the machine.

That being said, If you are avoiding all but good high tones, you are absolutely missing hundreds of good targets. I used the tracker 4 last year and I dug soo many iffy signals and ended up with some awesome stuff. The tracker 4 is not a high end machine, so you have to put the time in and DIG DIG DIG. after a couple 5 gallon buckets full of trash, you will have a very good handle on the machine and when you do, it will bring some great stuff.

Good luck.

Large aluminum will always give the high tone. About the only solution is to lift the coil high off the ground and see if it still signals loudly, indication of a large object.

I ran my tracker 4 (and still do when I use it) in tone mode. Sensitivity cranked to max and disc slightly less than half.

I used to dig everything that gave a high coin like beep. Like gameoftag said.... I dug so much and put so many hours on it that soon I was able to tell the difference between a can and a coin. I have found some pretty good stuff with mine.... Keep it up!!

Back
Top Bottom