tantalum capacitor

Dsm_mechva

Forum Supporter
Soooo ..

I have this little problem with a Fisher 1265x ..the smoke has escaped from this capacitor. :lol:

C0D5890D-6464-467D-92CF-D70CC1F38601_zpswivbt4rf.jpg

And I am "assuming" it is the same as most of the other tantalum capacitors in the unit, I can't find schematics for it so it's a guess.

And this mark I'm "assuming" is 33uf 10v ?

51D1BE02-8532-47D9-B237-599EFF6CE34D_zpsjkqmuvac.jpg

Having a hard time finding a replacement...any thoughts or ideas ? Am I totally reading this wrong ?

Hmmm, Your Tantalum had a tantrum :laughing::laughing:

WHY? What caused the failure? an external event? failure of another component? :?::?::?:

Perhaps if you knew someone else with the same model, they could verify the value of the destroyed part. Without fixing the root cause, another could fail also or produce unpredictable results. But if you know what happened, it's worth a try.

Thanks fellas.

Well I purchased it broken to see I can fix it.

I believe a plainly marked 1000uf 16v capacitor is the original fault which caused this capacitor inline with it to cook and some wires have come loose but I know where they go.

I've fixed other 1200 series with other issues just not a 1265 with this particular issue.

Just trying to bring it back to life for the fun of it.

Ceramic won't work unless it is an electrolytic cap - polarized like a battery sort of. If you do this on a regular basis mouser has assortments of components and grab bags.

Back
Top Bottom