looking for my first metal detector

stryder222

hey guys, I am looking at getting into metal detecting, and I would like to be able to do both saltwater Beach searches, only the coil would be submerged, as well as shooting for coins at parks etc. From what I have researched it looks like I would not want a PI machine, so I am looking for a used saltwater multifrequency machine, I think! The replies to my post earlier helped a lot in regard to this information. Thanks, Brad

saltwater & sand

I'm thinking the ATP might do it . I know there good in dry sand, But I think they act up in the wet sand and the surf. But there a great machine. Minelab brand that I like has a few models that can do what you want. But there pricey. Call bart at BBH, Explain to him what your looking for, He will help you .

Ever hear the saying, "Jack of all trades, Master of none" ? Trying to mix a salt water machine with coin shooter is going to require compromise or a lot of money. If you are just beginning, I would suggest a machine that is suited for where you will be doing the majority of your hunting. I would have to second the vote for the AT Pro.

Where are you located? ATP in the Gulf might work ok (lower salt levels) but in the Atlantic or Pacific, no way. The technology in the ATP is not meant for salt water.

You need either a PI or multi-freq machine. If you have iron infested beaches or lots of trash, don't get a PI.

Really depends on your location and what percent of your time will be spent in the actual salt water and/or wet sand.

I will be using the machines in wet beach sands along different coasts as well as coin shooting in parks. Therefore I would assume I would not want a PI.

So I am wondering if there are any in the classifieds currently that would work?

I will be using the machines in wet beach sands along different coasts as well as coin shooting in parks. Therefore I would assume I would not want a PI.

Yea you dont want PI for coin shooting. I'd go with something like a Sovereign GT or Safari.

Salt water complicates the heck out of things and really eliminates all entry and mid level machines.

Back
Top Bottom