• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Anyone in the Decatur, Illinois area?

RustyDigger

I live in Decatur, IL area and finding it difficult to coin hunt areas here due to the historical landmarks, like Fairview Park. I've detected in the Chicago suburbs like Des Plaines, IL in Cook County but now there's a ban on md'ing anywhere in Cook County. Used to find lots of old coins like v nickels, seated liberty coins. I belonged to a great md'ing club but now have to look for another. Lots of memories.😎

Last edited:
I lived in Chicago 12 year ago every weekend I would metal detector along the displains river man did we find a lot of silver and now I live in pana il about 40 mile from you its hard to find any good places around here
HH tony

Did you ever check out Monticello there's a Boy Scout camp that I found out from former club member.

Hi russ you have any good finds in Decatur I will check it out on the web and see if I can find anything about it

"there's a ban on md'ing anywhere in Cook County"

Since when?

As far as I know this only applies to Forest Preserves and State run/owned Historic Park properties. Chicago Park District properties are open to all. Just follow the code of ethics and leave no trace of every being there and no problems should arise.

I'm not in Decatur, but live in Canton and work in Peoria. I'd be willing to do a meet up sometime.

Back
Top Bottom