Excal 2 nel hunter coil wiring question

wallhanger124

I just bought a nel hunter coil for my excal2. I'd like to either use in line waterproof connectors or even just slice the wires from the new coil onto the stock coil wire. The issue I'm having is that the wiring diagram that came with the coil (the shop owner printed it out) doesn't match up to the wirestore that are currently soldered onto the circuit board from the stock coil wires. Not sure if I can post a pic but I'll explain for someone that's familiar with excal2 circuit board. It says to run the 4 wires to the txb, txa, rxb, and rxa holes on the circuit board. The problem is, the stock coil wires don't match one of those spots. The one wire (white) goes to the gn02 spot, not the rxb. So do I just hook up the rest of the wires to the correct spots and the remaining one hook up to the white gno2 wire, or do I need to solder it to the rxb spot? Basically, if anyone has a pic of how they wired their nel coil to their excal2, whether directly soldered to the board, or with in line connection, I'd greatly appreciate it. Thanks, Kyle

I just bought a nel hunter coil for my excal2. I'd like to either use in line waterproof connectors or even just slice the wires from the new coil onto the stock coil wire. The issue I'm having is that the wiring diagram that came with the coil (the shop owner printed it out) doesn't match up to the wirestore that are currently soldered onto the circuit board from the stock coil wires. Not sure if I can post a pic but I'll explain for someone that's familiar with excal2 circuit board. It says to run the 4 wires to the txb, txa, rxb, and rxa holes on the circuit board. The problem is, the stock coil wires don't match one of those spots. The one wire (white) goes to the gn02 spot, not the rxb. So do I just hook up the rest of the wires to the correct spots and the remaining one hook up to the white gno2 wire, or do I need to solder it to the rxb spot? Basically, if anyone has a pic of how they wired their nel coil to their excal2, whether directly soldered to the board, or with in line connection, I'd greatly appreciate it. Thanks, Kyle

To my knowledge, RXB and GND2 are both common grounds. It should be fine to wire it to GND2. I asked the same question to the CORS manufacturer which are basically the same as NEL and they told me the same thing that it would work fine even though their diagram (which says NEL on it) had RXB being used on it. Of course, wire at your own risk but I think it will be OK.

Back
Top Bottom