Coil Covers

Prof011067

I have been doing some reading and have discovered that many people are using a "Coil Cover" I am wondering what the In's and out's are with a cover?

Also, do they make covers for all detectors? Specifically I am considering the Beach Hunter and am wondering if I should consider a cover?

I am looking at buying a detector for my son (most likely a Garrett Ace 250) and most likely would add the cover to that unit.

Prof, I STRONGLY advise the use of a coil cover. I scrub the ground for the most part, and it wouldn't take long doing that before I would have a hole worn in the bottom of my coil. They are really cheap insurance to keep your machine in good shape. Plus in the future you may want to sell your machine, and if the coil is like new, you'll get a better price for it.

Oh yeah if you are going to scrub the sand/ground with your coil you need one big time.. I use coil covers on all my detectors, especially my PI because I bump into rocks all the time hunting murky water.

And if a shark attacks he would have to bite thru the coil to ruin it :lol:

Do they make a coil cover for the Beach Hunter? That is the model I am thinking about going with.

Back
Top Bottom