[Solved!] Best Coin Detector For $500?

I don't know about an e-trac, but I have a Quattro I'd sell for $420 shipped.

I appreciate all the feedback, offers, and what not. It was great to get some opinions. :thumbsup:

I kept looking at the older White's and thinking of the Mr Bill mods, and adding a 6" coil - but then it would run the same as a new detector with a warranty (and no worries I might fry the detector doing the mods either).

The Teknetics seem to have many reviews of EMI trouble; and, the Garrett At Pro has the loud BellAlert coin "icecream truck" sound - drove me nuts on my dad's Garrett Ace 250. I also looked at many others but ruled them out for me. In the end I kept comparing everything to my Tesoro Cibola I sold back in 2012.

So I looked at the Tesoro detectors due to their great recovery speed and target separation, and remembered how Richard sent me a manual for my 2nd-hand Cibola and everything else without charging me anything (they really stand by their products).

After narrowing down the current Tesoro detectors to the Vaquero or Outlaw for my needs (as I or no-one else talking has any idea what the new 2014 Tesoro will be), I choose the Outlaw with the single coil. I'll never use the large coil, and the smaller coil costs the same as the price difference anyway between the single or three coil package.

I chose it for many reasons, but the videos by '53Silver of it in action really helped. I just bought it/supported my great local MD store (50 minute drive) - so I am having it shipped direct to me from Tesoro. It will be here Tuesday or Wednesday -- can't wait!

Also as I bought it new it is great to know the Lifetime warranty is there too if it's ever needed.

HH :digginahole:

my opinion

Have a F75se, Etrac, but your price range, I would go with the Omega 8000,and a Euro Tek Pro, the Omega will come with a 10c coil, get the Euro tek pro with the 11dd, than buy a 5dd sniper later, you won't be disappointed, Teknetics, caught me by surprise , a killer coin machine, light, and impressive depth, good luck ,Ski Whiz can hook you up, I would stay away from Tesoro, only because land hunting , you want a ID screen ,along with tones, Earl

I appreciate all the feedback, offers, and what not. It was great to get some opinions. :thumbsup:

I kept looking at the older White's and thinking of the Mr Bill mods, and adding a 6" coil - but then it would run the same as a new detector with a warranty (and no worries I might fry the detector doing the mods either).

The Teknetics seem to have many reviews of EMI trouble; and, the Garrett At Pro has the loud BellAlert coin "icecream truck" sound - drove me nuts on my dad's Garrett Ace 250. I also looked at many others but ruled them out for me. In the end I kept comparing everything to my Tesoro Cibola I sold back in 2012.

So I looked at the Tesoro detectors due to their great recovery speed and target separation, and remembered how Richard sent me a manual for my 2nd-hand Cibola and everything else without charging me anything (they really stand by their products).

After narrowing down the current Tesoro detectors to the Vaquero or Outlaw for my needs (as I or no-one else talking has any idea what the new 2014 Tesoro will be), I choose the Outlaw with the single coil. I'll never use the large coil, and the smaller coil costs the same as the price difference anyway between the single or three coil package.

I chose it for many reasons, but the videos by '53Silver of it in action really helped. I just bought it/supported my great local MD store (50 minute drive) - so I am having it shipped direct to me from Tesoro. It will be here Tuesday or Wednesday -- can't wait!

Also as I bought it new it is great to know the Lifetime warranty is there too if it's ever needed.

HH :digginahole:

You said "drove me nuts on my dad's Garrett Ace 250". Maybe that's what's wrong with me. I think you might have figured it out. Send me a bill. A hundred bucks might let you move up a little further. :grin:

Good move getting the Outlaw. You will soon discover that you don't really need a screen to do well. My Vaquero works like a champ.

Back
Top Bottom